West Bengal Rupashree Scheme – The West Bengal Government has launched the West Bengal Rupashree Scheme for the girls of the state. Under this scheme, the state government will provide financial assistance to the poor families of the state for the marriage of their girls.
West Bengal Rupashree Scheme
The West Bengal Rupashree Scheme Financial Assistance will be provided to the poor girls of the state who have attained the age of 18 years. For this scheme, the state government will provide a total amount of Rs.25,000 to the girls belonging to the poor families of the state. The state government will benefit about 6 lakh poor girls of the state.
Objectives of West Bengal Rupashree Scheme
- The main motive of the state government behind launching this scheme is to ensure that girls stay in schools and delay their marriages at least till the age of 18 years.
- Under this scheme, the state government will provide financial assistance to the girls of the state in order to complete secondary or senior secondary education or equivalent in technical streams.
- This scheme will also reduce the risks of early pregnancies, child & maternal mortality rate and health conditions.
Financial Benefits Under West Bengal Rupashree Scheme
Under this scheme, the state government will provide two types of benefits under this scheme. Here are the details of the benefits –
- Annual Grant – The state government will provide an annual grant of Rs. 1000/- (which was previously Rs.750) to the girls of age between 13 to 18 years studying in various schools. However, there is a condition that the beneficiary girl is unmarried at that particular time.
- One Time Grant – The second benefits of the scheme is that the state government will provide a one time grant of Rs. 25000/- at the time of girl’s marriage. However, there is an condition is that the beneficiary girl’s family’s annual income from all sources must not exceed Rs. 1.5 lakh.
How to Apply for West Bengal Rupashree Scheme?
- If a woman is about to get married, she will first have to fill West Bengal Rupashree Scheme application form.
- After that, you have to submit the duly filled application form at the Block Development Officer or the municipality office.
- After that, 25,000 rupees will directly credited to the beneficiary’s bank account before her marriage.
The West Bengal Government has allocated 1500 crores for this scheme.