Muktidhara Scheme: The State Government of West Bengal has launched its new Muktidhara Scheme. Under this scheme, the government will provide training to the Self-Help Group who are registered under this scheme. According to the scheme, the Self Help Groups as a volunteer to encourage the rural areas people to do different types of work. With the help of this scheme, the people will get an opprtunity to earn Rs. 3,000 per month.
What is Muktidhara Scheme
Muktidhara Scheme is a welfare scheme which is specially launched for the improvement of Self Help Groups and Self-employment. In this scheme, the government will give training to the self-help groups which will work as a volunteer in rural areas and encouraged people to do some different types of work like – producvity of nuts, vegetables, create apiaries, make plates from sal leaves, produce puffed rice, and take up domestication and rearing of poultry, black Bengal goat, pigs and other dairy animals. With the help of this scheme to earn at least Rs. 3,000 per month by participating in the different types of activites. This scheme will encourage the each household to improve their earning.
The state government of West Bengal has launched this scheme with objective to encourage the backward class people to do some income generating activites to make their life easy.
Benefits of the Scheme
- This scheme will motivate the people to increase their earning and leave the dependence on selling fuel wood and traditional methods of cultivation
- Under this scheme, the government will provide low interest bank loan to the self help groups after completing the training.
- The government will provide trainging regarding agriculture where they can learn the use of modern agriculture techniques to improve their earning.
- This scheme will encourage the every family of self help group to do some income generating activites. With the help of this, they will be able to earn at least Rs. 3,000 per month
- This scheme help to reduce the unemployment in the state and it will encourage the people to do somthing for earning.
Features of the Scheme
- This scheme was started in 2013 in Purulia district West Bengal. This scheme was implemented with the help of National Bank For Agriculture & Rural Development (NABARD)
- On the basis of piolat project, about 139 self-help groups (SHGs) were trained from Balarampur and Purulia district under this scheme.
- As per the scheme, only those self help goups will be trained who are registered under this scheme.
- After the successful training, the self help group will become eligible to get low interest loan from banks.
For More Details, Visit the Official Website