West Bengal Muktidhara Scheme – पश्चिम बंगाल मुक्तिधारा योजना
The West Bengal State Government has taken a step towards the unemployment in rural areas and the overall development of the self-help groups with the help of scheme called Muktidhara Scheme.
What is Muktidhara Scheme
This Muktidhara Scheme is launched to bring permanency in earning a livelihood, drive away poverty and financial improvement through Self Help Groups and Self-employment.
Under this scheme, the west Bengal state government provides training to the Self-Help Group (SHG) who is registered under Muktidhara Scheme in West Bengal. The self-help groups work as a volunteer in rural areas and encouraged people to produce nuts, vegetables, create apiaries, make plates from sal leaves, produce puffed rice, and take up domestication and rearing of poultry, black Bengal goat, pigs and other dairy animals. The project seeks to motivate each household of the SHGs to participate in multiple income generating activities and earn at least Rs. 3,000 per month
The main motto of this scheme is to empower the financially backward people especially women and increase the family earnings to make their life easy.
Benefits of the Scheme
- Benefits to reduce dependence on rural people on selling fuel wood, traditional methods of cultivation
- Benefits of bank loan at low interest to the self-help groups(SHG) after successful training
- Most of the training provided regarding agriculture so they can adopt new agriculture techniques and increase overall income
- The project seeks to motivate each household of the SHGs to participate in multiple income generating activities and earn at least Rs. 3,000 per month
- Benefits of reducing unemployment in rural areas and the help overall development of the self-help groups
Features of the Scheme
- The Muktidhara Scheme was firstly launched in Purulia district on March 7, 2013 & implemented in association with National Bank For Agriculture & Rural Development (NABARD)
- On a pilot basis, members of 139 self-help groups (SHGs) from Balarampur and Purulia district trained in this scheme
- Under this scheme, the West Bengal State government provide training to the Self-Help Group (SHG) who are registered under Muktidhara Scheme in West Bengal
- After training, the same number of SHGs has got credit linkage with the Banks in Balarampur and Purulia
Technical inputs in terms of methods of cultivation, application of fertilizers etc., and other support services such as training, field demonstration are provided by the district administration from time to time
For More Details, Visit the Official Website