West Bengal Khadya Sathi Scheme – पश्चिम बंगाल खाद्य साथी योजना
Khadya Sathi Scheme
The West Bengal State Government has launched Khadya Sathi Scheme on 27 January 2016 to provide food grains at low subsidized price in the state.
What is Khadya Sathi Scheme
Under the Khadya Sathi Scheme, the west Bengal government provides rice and wheat at Rs 2 per kg to the 7.49 Crores people which are almost 90% population of the state and around 50 lakh population in west Bengal will is given rice and wheat at half rates.
The beneficiaries of this scheme includes 33 lakh people of the Jangalmahal region, 12 lakh drought-affected people of Purulia district, tea garden workers and their families, Cyclone affected people, people of Singur who had lost their land, homeless people of Kolkata and the people living in the Hills region of Darjeeling under Khadya Sathi Scheme.
The main motto of the scheme is to provide subsidized rice to the targeted beneficiaries like families living below poverty line. The price of the food is increasing day by day and under such circumstance, the condition of the poor families has become even worse since they do not have enough money to purchase food grains at market rates. This is a very noble initiative taken by West Bengal Government for helping poor and deprived families to provide them food grains
Benefits of the Scheme
- Government provides rice and wheat at Rs 2 per kg to the 7.49 citizens of the state, almost 90% population
- Around 50 lakh population in west Bengal will given rice and wheat in half price
- Applicant should be resident of west begal state
- Ration card holder are eligible for this scheme
- Drought-affected people of Purulia district, tea garden workers and their families, Cyclone affected people, people of Singur who had lost their land, homeless people of Kolkata and the people living in the Hills region of Darjeeling are eligible under Khadya Sathi Scheme
- Aadhaar card
- ration card
- Applying Procedure
- West Bengal government announced fresh application for Khadya Sathi Scheme (food security) digital card till 20 FebruaryW
- Applicant should have to apply for Digital Ration Card in west Bengal
- West Bengal approved the validity of the old ration card till 1 March 2017
- Still, applicant visit food department in west Bengal
Food grains distributed through fair price shop(FPS) in West Bengal
For more details visit the official website.