Khadya Sathi Scheme: The State Government of West Bengal has come up with its new scheme named Khadya Sathi Scheme for poor families. Under this scheme, the government will provide food grains on subsidized rate in the state. There are many people will be benefited from this scheme. However, this scheme was launched in 2016 but the government wants to continue this scheme for providing the benefit of this scheme.
What is Khadya Sathi Scheme
Khadya Sathi Scheme is a welfare scheme which specially launched for poor people in the state. Accordinng to the details, about 90% population of the state are getting rice and wheat at Rs 2 per kg While 50 lakh people are getting ricena wheat at half rates.
This scheme will cover about 12 lakh drought-affected people of Purulia district, Cyclone affected people, people of Singur who had lost their land, homeless people of Kolkata and those people are living in the Hills region of Darjeeling, 33 lakh people of the Jangalmahal region and tea garden workers and their families.
Objective of Khadya Sathi Scheme West Bengal
The main objective of this scheme is to provide food graing on subsidized rate to the poor families who live below poverty line. A large number of family are unable to purchase food grains on market rate because the price of food is very high. They do not have enough money to purchase high price food. This scheme will help the deprived families to get subsidized food grains to live their life.
Benefits of Khadya Sathi Scheme West Bengal
- The 90% population of the state is getting food grains on subsidized rate of Rs 2 per kg.
- And 50 lakh people are getting rice and wheat on half rate in the state.
- The applicant must be permanent resident of West Bengal.
- The applicant must be ration card holder.
- Drought-affected people of Purulia district are eligible for this scheme.
- Tea garden workers and their families are eligible for it
- Cyclone affected people can take the benefit of this scheme
- Those people of Singur who had lost their land they are eligible for this scheme
- homeless people of Kolkata and the people living in the Hills region of Darjeeling
- Aadhaar card
- ration card
How to Apply for Khadya Sathi Scheme West Bengal
The eligible applicants can take the benefit of this scheme by filling a simple application, the details are given below.
- The eligible applicant can fill application for this scheme.
- The applicant can visit food department in west Bengal
Food grains distributed through fair price shop(FPS) in West Bengal
The government will validity of the old ration card till 1 March 2017
For more details visit the official website.