Uttarakhand Nanda Gaura Kanya Dhan Yojana for Daughters UK Nanda Gaura Yojna उत्तराखंड नंदा गौरा योजना नन्दा गौरा देवी कन्या धन योजना 2018-19 Apply Online Application Form
UPDATE [AS ON 23-11-2018] – Income limit has been increased to Rs. 72,000 Per Annum. Now people having annual income upto 72,000 per annum are eligible for this scheme.
UPDATED [AS ON 15-05-2018] – Amendments in Nanda Gaura Yojana – 1500 Scholarship Applications Rejected
Uttarakhand Nanda Gaura Kanya Dhan Yojana
Uttarakhand Government has stated Uttarakhand Nanda Gaura Kanya Dhan Yojana for daughters. The government has started this scheme to increase the sex ratio of girls. Under this scheme, the government will provide financial assistance on the birth of girl child.
What is Nanda Gaura Kanya Dhan Yojana
Nanda Gaura Kanya Dhan Yojana is a social welfare scheme which is specially launched for providing financial assistance on the birth of the daughter. The main objective this scheme is to increase the sex ratio of girls in the state. Under this scheme, the government will provide a financial assistance of Rs. 51,000/- on the birth of girl child. Besides, two daughters of a family will the benefits of this scheme. According to the scheme, this financial help will be provided to the applicant daughter till her marriage.
Nanda Gaura Kanya Dhan Yojana Benefits
- Rs. 5000/- at the time of the birth of the girl.
- Rs. 5000/- on the completion of one year.
- Rs. 5000/- on the passing of eight class
- Rs. 5000/- on the passing of tenth class,
- Rs. 5000/- on the passing twelfth class examination,
- Rs. 10,000/- on completion of diploma or graduation.
- Rs. 16,000/- on her marriage. Finally, total Rs. 51,000/- will be provided to the girl.
According to the scheme, the girls who have passed the Eighth Class to Graduate Examination will be sent to the Department with the recommendation of the Chief Education Officer.
However, Child Development Department and Social Welfare Department were running under the name of Nanda Devi Scheme and Gaura Devi Kanya Dhan Yojana. Subsequently, this scheme is started in the name of Nanda Gaura Kanya Dhan Yojana. Currently, the central government has decided to merge all the schemes related to the daughters. The implement of this scheme has now begun. Under the scheme, assistance will be given to the daughters till the marriage.
How to Apply for Nanda Gaura Kanya Dhan Yojana
The applicant can fill the application form which is available for download at http://escholarship.uk.gov.in/.
Eligibility for Nanda Gaura Kanya Dhan Yojana Registration
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of the state.
- The income of the applicant in the urban area should be less than Rs. 42,000/-.
- The applicant of the rural area should be less than Rs. 36,000/-.
- The should be born in a government hospital, a mother-child center, ANM trained health worker.
- The applicant will have to attach a copy of the family register issued by BDO or Rural Development Officer.
- Before the birth of the infant daughter, the mother name should be registered at Anganwadi center during pregnancy.