Uttar Pradesh Prakash Hai to Vikas Hai Yojana – Free Electricity Connections
Uttar Pradesh Prakash Hai to Vikas Hai Yojana – The State Government of Uttar Pradesh government has launched Uttar Pradesh Prakash Hai to Vikas Hai Yojana for the people of the state. Under this scheme, free electricity connections will be provided to the poor people of the state. Uttar Pradesh Prakash Hai to Vikas Hai Yojana was launched by the Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on December 25, 2017 for providing free electricity connections to the poor families of the state.
This scheme has been started for two villages of Mathura district covering 100% electrification on the birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. The Minister said that the government has also started the Kisan Uday Yojana for the farmers. By 2022, ten lakh farmers will be brought under this scheme. This is an ideal scheme for farmers, in which five horsepower and 7.5 horsepower submersible and coupling sets will be completely converted for free.
Also Read: List of Uttar Pradesh Government Schemes
Highlights of Uttar Pradesh Prakash Hai to Vikas Hai Yojana
- In accordance with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s good Saubhagya Yojana, the state has provided 25 lakh domestic connections against the target of 4 crore.
- This scheme will cover 10 lakh farmers by 2022, save 35 percent on electricity consumption.
- BPL card holders who are eligible for no less than Rs 35,000 in the form of roof or yearly income.
- Under this scheme, Rs 10,000 was given first and then can get the connection by giving Rs. 550.
- Under this scheme, initial payment will be only 50 rupees while remaining 50 will be payable in 10 installments.
- Uttar Pradesh government plans to give 1.6 crore electricity connections by the end of 2018.
- Under the scheme, the state government of Uttar Pradesh will provide free electricity connections to the poor people of the state.
- Under the scheme of Central Government, till now 25 lakh families have got electricity.
- The Central Government has set a target to provide electricity to about 4 Crore people under the Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Har Ghar Bijli Yojana.
Also Read – New Housing Scheme 2017