Uttar Pradesh Mission Parivar Vikas Yojana : Uttar Pradesh government has launched its new familly planning scheme under the name of Mission Parivar Vikas Yojana. Under this scheme, the government appoint asha workers to aware about family planning. Actually, the government is addressing maternal and infant mortalities in the state. Under this scheme, the government will provide free condom boxes, emergency contraceptive pills and pregnancy testing kit at the strategic locations in cities and villages.
What is Mission Parivar Vikas Yojana
Mission Parivar Vikas Yojana, a Family Planning Scheme. Under this scheme, the government wants to create awarness about family planning to the newly wedding coupels. In order to implement this scheme on a large scale, the central government has also urged with seven states indlucing Rajasthan, Bihar, UP, Assam, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Madhya Pradesh. According to the scheme, the government will take help of asha workers to awar the newly wedding coupels about this family planning scheme. Under this scheme, the government will provide free condom boxes, emergency contraceptive pills and pregnancy testing kit at the strategic locations in cities and villages.
Objectives of the Scheme
- The UP Government has introduced this scheme with an objective to create awarness about family planning to the newly married coupels.
- This scheme will also help to control the population in the country which has become a big problem in present time.
- In order to promote this scheme, a Saas-Bahu Sammelan will be organized which will help to communicate between mother-in-law and Daughter-in-law.
Benefits of the Scheme
- The government will give training to the 47,000 Asha workers and nurses to implement this scheme and they will give contraceptive injection to the newly married women.
- The government will provde a Rs.100/- cost of new contraceptive injection to new wedding women.
- The government will also provide free condom boxes new wedding couples at the health centers or panchayat bhawan.
- A family planning kit wlll also be provided by the government at the cost of Rs.220/- which will contains five contraceptive pills, two packs of a condom and two pregnancy test kits.
- An incentive of Rs. 2,000 and 3,000 will be provided for those women who are undergoing sterilization procedures like vasectomy and tubectomy.
The new scheme includes measures given below –
- The newly married coupels will be provided a family planning kit at the cost of Rs. 200/- which contains two packs of three condoms, five contraceptive pills, Two pregnancy test kits and a marriage registration form.
- The asha worker can give a new contraceptive injection to the women, she has an option for this because she can get an incentive of Rs 100 per shot.
According to the scheme, around 47,000 asha workers and nurses would be trained to give these injectables. The government will also provide financial incentives of Rs 2000 and Rs 3000 for those women who are undergoing sterilization procedures like tubectomy and vasectomy.