Uttar Pradesh Ganga Hariteema Yojana – The State Government of Uttar Pradesh led by the Hon’ble Chief Minister Shri Yogi Adityanath has come up with a new scheme named ‘Ganga Hariteema Yojana’. This scheme is also known as Ganga Greenery scheme. This scheme has been launched today in the 27 districts of the state that are located on the bank of river Ganga.
The Hon’ble Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Shri Yogi Adityanath inaugurated this scheme at Allahabad in a function organized on the bank of Sangam, the confluence of rivers of Ganga, Yamuna and mythical Saraswati.
Details of Ganga Hariteema Yojana
The main motive of the state government behind launching this scheme is to enhance the green cover in the catchment areas of the river Ganga and to control the land erosion.
Under this Ganga Hariteema Yojana, the state government will carry out the plantation in one-kilometer areas from the banks of river.
Besides this, under this Ganga Hariteema Yojana, the Uttar Pradesh Government will also encourage the common people for plantation on their private lands under ‘One Person One Tree’ slogan.
Highlights of Ganga Hariteema Yojana
- In order to monitor the implementation of the scheme, a high power committee under CM’s chairmanship has been set up.
- Besides this, the government has engaged Seven state government departments for the implementation of the scheme.
- In order to look after the contribution of different departments, a committee has been set up under Chief Secretary Rajeev Kumar’s Chairmanship.
- This scheme will be launched by September 16 2018. Besides this, this date that will be observed as the International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer 2018.
- Apart from this, the Forest Department has been nominated as nodal department for the scheme.