United Mahila Udhami Yojana – संयुक्त महिला उधमी योजना
United Mahila Udhami Yojana
Government has launched an ambitious scheme for women entrepreneurs named as ‘United Mahila Udhami Yojana’. This scheme is a bank loan scheme from United Bank of India. This scheme helps women entrepreneurs obtain trouble-free financial assistance at liberal and concessional terms for conducting production, manufacturing or service related economic activities in the MSME sector.
What is United Mahila Udhami Yojana
This scheme is specially introduced to encourage and empower women entrepreneurs by offering hassle free financial assistance at liberal and concessional terms for undertaking production, manufacturing or service related economic activities under Micro Enterprise Sector.
Read More: हिंदी में पढ़ें
• Women entrepreneur(s)/ enterprise (where women entrepreneurs hold not less than 50 % of financial holding) involved in production and manufacturing process like artisans, craftsman, weavers, potter, carpenter etc.
• Women entrepreneur(s)/enterprise (where women entrepreneurs hold not less than 50 % of financial holding) to set up new unit or for modernization/expansion/renovation of existing for providing various services viz. Tailoring, Beauty parlour, Photocopying (Xerox ) Centre, Typing centre, Cyber Café, Auto-repairing and servicing centre, Laundry & Dry Cleaning, ISD / STD Booths, Cable TV Networks, Crèche, Road transport operator, Mobile repairing, Repairing of TV, washing machine and other electronic and electrical gadgets, Canteen, Restaurant, Servicing of agricultural and farm equipments, Training institute,
Computerized Desk top publishing, etc.
• Preference will be given to the following categories of entrepreneurs:
i. Entrepreneurs trained in R-SETIs or any other approved training institute.
ii. Artisans registered with Development commissioner (Handicrafts).
iii. Cluster of artisans.
iv. Artisans who have joined to form Self Help Group
• Beneficiaries under Government sponsored scheme are not eligible under the Scheme.
• Direct trading activity (Retail Trade) will not be eligible under the scheme.
Micro enterprise under Priority Sector i.e investment in plant and machinery should not exceed Rs. 25 lakh in case of production and manufacturing activity and investment in equipment should not exceed Rs.10.00 lakh in case of service activity as per MSMED Act 2006.
Area of operation
Through all branches of United Bank of India
• For acquisition of fixed asset (plant, machinery, equipment vehicle, furniture & fixtures, tools, etc.)
• To meet working capital needs.
Quantum of loan
Maximum Rs.10 lakh
• Limit upto Rs. 25,000/- : Nil
• Limit above Rs. 25,000 and upto Rs.5.00 lakh : 10%
• Loan aboue Rs. 5.00 lakh : 15%
• Primary Security: Charge on asset created out of Bank loan
• Collateral Security: NIL, however, all loans will have to be covered under Credit Guarantee coverage under CGTMSE
All eligible loans should be covered under the Credit Guarantee
Scheme of CGTMSE (Retail trade and loan to SHG are not eligible
under CGTMSE coverage). The one time Guarantee fee (GF) and Annual Service Fee (ASF) will be borne by the Bank.
Period of loan and terms of repayment
• Term Loan: 3- 5 years in Equated monthly installments (EMIs) excluding moratorium based on life of the asset, income generation for the project and subsistence need of the borrower.
• Cash credit: 12 months. It should be in continuing nature subject to review and renewal in every year.