United Mahila Udhami Yojana : The government has come up with a new scheme for women entrepreneurs United Mahila Udhami Yojana. Under this scheme, the government will provide loan to the women entrepreneurs. This scheme is specially launched for women enterpreneurs for providing financial assistance at liberal and concessional terms for conducting production, manufacturing or service related economic activities in the MSME sector.
What is United Mahila Udhami Yojana
This is financial assistance scheme which is specially introduced for women entrepreneurs. The government is providing without risk financial assistance at liberal and concessional terms for undertaking production, manufacturing or service related economic activities under Micro Enterprise Sector. This scheme will encourage the women to start their business to improve their status in the society.
Read More: हिंदी में पढ़ें
• The women enterpreneur must be worked in the production and manufacturing line such as craftsman, weavers, artisans, potter and carpenter etc.
• Women entrepreneur can provide different services by setting up a new unit such as:
- Beauty parlour
- Photocopying (Xerox ) Centre
- Typing centre
- Cyber Café
- Auto-repairing and servicing centre
- Laundry & Dry Cleaning
- ISD / STD Booths
- Cable TV Networks
- Road transport operator
- Mobile repairing
- Repairing of TV
- washing machine, electrical gadgetsand other electronic items
- Servicing of agricultural and farm equipments
- Training institute
- Computerized Desk top publishing
•These categories women enterpreneurs will get first preference.
i. A trained enterpreneurs in R-SETIs or other approved training institute.
ii. The artisans must be registered with Development commissioner (Handicrafts).
iii. Cluster of artisans.
iv. Those artisans will be prefered who joined to Self Help Group
• Those beneficiaries are not eligible for this scheme who are taking the benefit of government sponsored scheme.
• Direct trading activity (Retail Trade) is not eligible for this scheme.
According to the terms and conditions of mirco enterprise under priority sector. In case of production and manufacturing activity, the investment in plant and machinery should not be more than Rs. 25 lakh. While in the case of service activity as per MSMED Act 2006, the investment in equipment should not be more than Rs.10.00 lakh.
Area of operation
The loan can be obtained from all branches of United Bank of India
• For acquisition of fixed asset (plant, machinery, equipment vehicle, furniture & fixtures, tools, etc.)
• To meet working capital needs.
Quantum of loan
Maximum Rs.10 lakh
• Limit upto Rs. 25,000/- : Nil
• Limit above Rs. 25,000 and upto Rs.5.00 lakh : 10%
• Loan aboue Rs. 5.00 lakh : 15%
Two types of security are given in this scheme first Primary Security and second Collateral Security.
• Primary Security: The charge will be created on the assests out of Bank loan
• Collateral Security: NIL, as per the terms all the loans will be covered under Credit Guarantee coverage under CGTMSE
All types of loan must be covered in Credit Guarantee (CG). The retail trade and loan to SHG are not eligible under CGTMSE coverage while the bank will bear one time guarantee fee and annual service fee.
Period of loan and terms of repayment
There are two types of loan available and the terms of repayment is given below.
• Term Loan: This loan is available for 3- 5 years which will be returned in installments on the basis of asset and income generation
• Cash credit: In the second, it is available for 12 months which should be in continuing nature subject to review and renewal in every year.