UJALA LED Bulb Scheme Launched in Jammu and Kashmir
Launching Details of UJALA Yojana in Jammu Kashmir
UJALA Scheme is a central government scheme for distribution of LED (Light Emitting Diode) bulbs at subsidized rates . This scheme has been launched in the state of Jammu & Kashmir.
The UJALA scheme launch was marked by Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister – ” Mehbooba Mufti “ on Sunday .She started this scheme by distributing the LED bulbs among the people.
Aim and Objective of UJALA Scheme-
Benefits Of UJALA scheme –
- Consumers can purchase up to 5 LED bulbs at a rate of Rs. 20 each bulb by showing their electricity bill or the identity cards.
- If the consumers want to purchase more than 5 bulbs, charges will be Rs. 95 per bulb.
At present date in Jammu and Kashmir , there are about 80 Lakh inefficient bulbs in the state, if all replaced with the LED bulbs, it will save a lot of energy. It is important to note that – The power consumption of an LED bulb is just about one tenth of the normal yellow bulb.
Details of watt Bulb being Distributed under UJALA yojana-
- Under UJALA yojana – 7 and 9 watt bulbs are being distributed scheme across the nation.
Ministry And Fund Support in UJALA Scheme –
This centrally-sponsored Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All (UJALA) is a scheme for registered domestic electricity consumers and implemented by Jammu and Kashmir Power Development Department in the state in collaboration with Union Power Ministry and Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), a joint venture of leading PSUs.
The government of Jammu and Kashmir is providing subsidy for the scheme. These energy efficiency lamps will also come handy for the commercial establishments of the state.
Official Statement On UJALA scheme –
The state government aims to distribute over 80 lakh bulbs to over 16 lakh households in the state. With the distribution of these LED bulbs the state will have energy savings of 28.27 lakh units per day, an official statement said.
Where to Get LED Bulbs Under UJALA scheme –
- The LED bulbs can be purchased from nearest Khidmat or CSC centres.
- Led bulbs under this scheme will come with a replacement warranty for all technical faults for three years.
- Hence -The replacements can be done through any of the distribution counters.
- People can buy five LED bulbs of 9W at a subsidised rate of Rs 20 each as against the market price of Rs 250 to Rs 300.
- The consumers will have to produce their photo-identity card and latest electricity bill in order to get the benefits.
- If people purchase more, they will have to pay Rs 95 per bulb.
Addressing a press conference, Commissioner Secretary, State Power Development Department and Managing Director, Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) Saurabh Kumar said consumers under the scheme would be able to buy high quality LED bulbs at a discounted rate of Rs 20 each.
Current Prgress in J & K-
Currently, over 15.43 crore LED bulbs have already been distributed across 18 states. This is leading to a daily energy savings of 5.49 crore kWh and resulting in avoidance of 4,013 MW of peak demand. Through the scheme the estimated cumulative cost reduction of bills of consumers, per day is Rs 21.96 crore.