Udyogini Scheme for Women Entrepreneurship – The Karnataka Government has come up with a new scheme named “Udyogini Scheme Karnataka”. The state government has launched this scheme for the welfare and development of women of the state. In order to empower women in business and labour force business and labour force, the Women Development Corporation has implemented the Udyogini Scheme.
UPDATE – The Karnataka Government has increased the loan amount to Rs.3,00,000 which was 1,00,000 earlier. The State Government provides a 30% subsidy on the loan.
Udyogini Scheme Karnataka
The meaning of the word Udyogini is “Women Entrepreneur”. Under the Udyogini Scheme, the Karnataka Government provides facilities to help women empowerment. This scheme promotes women self-employment in the rural area for which the government provides financial assistance to the women as per category. Under this scheme, not only financial assistance but also teach skills are provided to women so that they are able to undertake some skill and start their own venture.
Benefits of Udyogini Scheme Karnataka
- 30% subsidy on loan – The state government will provide 30% subsidy on loan or Rs. 10, 000 will be waived off to the women of special category like widow, destitute, disabled and women of reserved categories.
- 20% subsidy on loan – The state government will provide 20% subsidy on loan or Rs. 7, 500 waived off for the women of general category.
- Max no. of entrepreneurial activities supported – Under this scheme, about 89 entrepreneurial activities are supported and funding is also provided for that.
- Max loan amount of Rs. 1 Lakh – Under this scheme, the state government provides a maximum loan amount of Rs. 3, 00, 000
Eligibility Criteria for Udyogini Scheme
- This scheme has been launched for women applicants only therefore only women are eligible for the scheme
- Applicant’s age must between 18-45 years
- Applicant’s family’s annial income must not exceed Rs. 40, 000
Required Documents For Udyogini Scheme Karnataka
- Complete application form
- Caste Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- BPL card
- Income Certificate
- Ration Card
- Bank passbook having (bank name, branch name, account holder name, IFSC & MICR code)