Udan scheme airfare will be capped at Rs 2,500 for one-hour flights
Details to know about Flights under UDAN scheme
- The government expects the first flight under this scheme to take off in January.
- Air passengers on major routes have to spend more for flights to fund the regional connectivity scheme.
- UDAN (Ude Desh Ka Aam Naagrik) will be based on market mechanism.
- Flights under Udan will have a bidding for a minimum of 9 seats and a maximum of 40 seats in a fixed wing aircraft.
- For 50% of the seats of flights under UDAN, the fare cap will be Rs 2,500, and the rest will be market-based pricing.
Government was already planning to start this scheme . The draft of this scheme was already been launched in July 2015 – According to Ashok Gajapathi Raju. According to government this scheme is a diwali gift from government to all the common people under country.
According to the Minister all the flights under Udan scheme will be checked and safely assured before flight take off. Junior Civil Aviation Minister R N Choube promised to launch government order regarding flight fare under this scheme in the end of this month.
For more Details Under #UDAN Scheme stay connected.