Tamil Nadu Patta Chitta Online Application – www.eservices.tn.gov.in
Tamil Nadu Patta Chitta Online Application – The Patta and Chitta are the land revenue records which are maintained by the Tamil Nadu Government. These documents are very important for all kinds of property related transactions in Tamil Nadu i.e. property transfer, property pledge, property legal opinion etc.
What is Patta?
Patta is a government land record which contains all the land-related information such as land ownership, area of land, location with survey details. The Verification of Patta Documents while purchasing a property will ensure that the property is being purchased from the rightful owner as per Government record.
After purchasing land, the buyer must apply for patta transfer to the name of the buyer for maintaining a clear title. For this purpose, you can apply at the concerned Taluka office.
What is Chitta?
A Chitta is also a government document related to immovable property. It is maintained by the concerned Village Administrative Officer (VAO) and Taluka office. Chitta provides land classification between nanjai and punjai along with the property owner details.
Nanjai is related to land with plenty of water generally with water bodies like rivers, canals, ponds etc.
Punjai is related to land with fewer water bodies and with facilities such as bore wells.
Tamil Nadu Patta Chitta Online Application Process
The Tamil Nadu government has prepared a web portal named ‘Land Records e-Services’. Through this portal, the Tamil Nadu Government provides various online services but the main purpose of this web portal is to provide Online Patta Chitta Records. Folloe the simple steps mentioned below –
- Firstly, visit the official website of ‘Land Records e-Services’ i.e. www.eservices.tn.gov.in
- After that, click on “View Patta & FMB / Chitta / TSLR Extract“
- Here, you have to select your District and Area (Rural or Urban) and hit the Submit button. For example, I have selected Ariyalur District.
- After that, select your Taluk, Village. Select type of number from which you want to check the land records i.e. Patta Number or Survey. Then, enter your Survey Number or Patta Number.
Note – Enter one of the Survey Number and Subdivision Number relating to above Patta Number
If Survey Number is 24/2, please enter 24 in Survey Number, 2 in Subdivision Number and click Submit
If Survey Number is 24, please enter 24 in Survey Number, 0 in Subdivision Number and click Submit
- After that, enter your subdivision number and select one option from Patta/Chitta or FMB.
- Then, enter the Captcha Code and hit the Submit Button.
- After that, details related to your land will appear on your screen.
- You can also download or print your land record.
Important Links for Tamil Nadu Patta Chitta Online Application
Check Issued Certificate’s Validity – Click here