Swarna Jayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana – The Central Government is running the Swarna Jayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana. This scheme was started on 1.4.99. Under this scheme, the central government provides self-employment opportunities through the establishment of Self Help Groups (SHGs).
Swarna Jayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana
This is a program that covers all aspects of self-employment such as; Creating self-help groups for poor, training, loans, technology, infrastructure and marketing. Under this scheme, the central government has established Rs.22.5 lakh SHGs for providing benefits to 66.97 lakh people.
Under Swarna Jayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana, the Central Government has merged the previous 6 schemes i.e.
- Integrated Rural Development Programme (IRDP)
- Training of Rural Youth for Self Employment (TRYSEM)
- Development of Women & Children in Rural Areas (DWCRA)
- Supply of Improved Toolkits to Rural Artisans (SITRA)
- Ganga Kalyan Yojana (GKY)
- Million Wells Scheme (MWS)
Objectives of Swarna Jayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana
All the scheme related information is available at the official website i.e. sgsy.gov.in. The main aims of the SGSY scheme are as follows –
- In order to reduce the poverty by establishing a large number of Microenterprises in rural areas throughout the country.
- Capitalization of Group Lending.
- Agencies’ Integration like District Rural Development Agencies, Banks, Line Departments, Panchayati Raj Instituions, NGOs etc.
- For providing mix income generating assets like Bank Credit + Govt. Subsidy.
Swarna Jayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana has now been renamed as National Rural Livelihood Mission (DAY-NRLM) and later renamed as Aajeevika Mission.
Download Swarna Jayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana Application Form
All the interested and needy and eligible applicants can apply for this scheme by downloading the application form carefully –
- Firstly, visit this link for downloading the application form http://forms.gov.in/MP/7504.pdf
- The MP SGSY Scheme application form will appear as follows:-
Fill out the application form and submit it to the concerned authorities to apply for this scheme.
Benefits of Swarna Jayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana
- Skill Upgradation
- Activity Clusters, Self – Help Groups (SHGs)
- Revolving Fund
- Lending Norms
- Assistance to IRDP borrowers
- Insurance Cover
- Security norms
- Subsidy & Post Credit follow up
- Risk Fund for consumption credit
- At-least 5 years duration of Repayment of loan
- Prompt Recovery of Loans
- Refinance of SGSY loans
- Deputation of Bank Officials to the DRDAs
- Service Area Approach
- Submission of data & Annual Credit Plan
- LBR Returns
Swarna Jayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana (SGSY) Features – Quick Facts
The important features and highlights of this scheme are as follows:-
|Scheme Name||Swarnajayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana (SGSY)|
|Who Launches SGSY||PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Launch Date||1 April 1999|
|Objective||To Provide Training, Credit, Technology, Infrastructure, Marketing and help Poor People by organizing them as Self Help Groups (SHGs). This is done through capacity building and income generation provisions for Below Poverty Line (BPL) People.|
|Beneficiaries||All the families whose name appears in the All India Final Below Poverty Line (BPL) List identified through SECC Data and approved by Gram Sabha will be the eligible beneficiaries.|
|Funds / Insurance||Maximum limit of Rs. 1.25 lakhs or Rs. 10,000 per person.|
|Target||To bring out at-least 30% poor families above the poverty line. SGSY will focus on vulnerable section of the rural poor. Accordingly the SC/ST will account for at least 50%, Women 40% and the disabled 3% of those assisted.|
|Premium Dividend||75% share of Central Govt. and 25% share of State Level Govt.|
|Loan Payment Term||First is 5 years, Second is 7 years and Tertiary is 9 Years.|
|Banks||Commercial Banks, Co-operative Banks & Regional Rural Banks|