Maharashtra Swadhar Yojana Scholarship for SC, NB Student
The Government of Maharashtra has introduced Swadhar Yojana 2018-19 for Scheduled Caste (SC) and Nau Buddhist category students. Under this scheme, students will get Rs 51,000 / – per year as assistance from the government for class 10th, 12th, degree, diploma and professional courses. This assistance will be given for their accommodation, boarding facilities and other expenses. The main purpose of this scheme is to encourage them by providing financial assistance to the poor students of SC and NB communities (SC & NP Communities). This scheme is a very good initiative from the Maharashtra Social Welfare Department.
All students who take admission in class 11th / 12th and professionaland non-professional courses are eligible for Swadhar Yojana 2018-19. TheSocial Welfare Dept of Maharashtra is going to implement this scheme for thewelfare of poor and deprived candidates of SC and NB Communities.
Objective of Maharashtra Swadhar Yojana
- To provide financial help to the SC and NB students for pursuing their higher education
- The main objective of the scheme is empowering the Scheduled caste and Nav Budha Communities.
Benefits of the Scholarship Scheme
Under the scheme state government provides financialassistance of Rs 51000/ per year as follow:
- Boarding allowance Rs 28000/ per year
- Loading Facilities Rs 15000/ per year
- Miscellaneous Allowance Rs 8000/ per year
- Medical and Engineering student Rs 5000/ per year additional
- Other streams Rs 2000/ per year additional
- The applicant should be Permanent Resident of Maharashtra and should be related to the SC or Nav Bauddha Category
- Annual income of the family of the students of all the sources should not exceed 2.5 lakh rupees.
- The student should have a valid bank account linked to his Aadhaar number.
- For professional courses after 10th, students must enter the course duration should not be less than 2 years.
- Students should have 60% marks in the previous examination.
- To qualify for Physically Challenged, Disabled / Physically Challenged, at least the applicant should have 40% marks in the final examination.
For More Details Click Here