Student Credit Card Scheme in Bihar finally get launched by Nitish Kumar -Complete Details
Latest New For Bihar Students – CM Nitish Kumar has finally launched Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme on Gndhi Jayanti 2 October as promised. Cm during the launch said that government in Bihar is implementing one-by-one all the promises it made to people of Bihar.
The scheme was launched during a colorful Function.
CM has launched Two of the Seven Mukhyamantri Nischay Schemes.
- Self-help Allowance Scheme
- Skilled Youth Programme also on the same day along with student Credit Card Scheme.,
What students are getting in SCCS scheme –
- Student Credit Card Scheme (SCCS) will facilitate the education loan to the 12th pass out students willing to pursue higher education. The state government will facilitate education loans of upto Rs. 4 lakh from the nationalized banks by acting as guarantor.
- 12th Pass students who secures admission in any of the recognized institutes for higher education will be eligible to avail the loan. Under the scheme, the state government has set a target of disbursing education loans to 5 Crore students within 2016-17.
Complete Detail of SCCS –
Details of the scheme are as follows.
Application forms for Student Credit Card Scheme
- Or download the pdf to get details in Hindi – bihar-student-credit-cad-yojana-complete-details-in-hindi
- How to apply in Hindi – how-to-apply-for-credit-card-scheme-in-hindi
How to apply for Student Credit Card Scheme in Bihar –
Under the scheme,
- The students need not to directly approach the banks for loans, instead, the district registration centers will be accepting the applications from students
- . Once the physical verification of the documents is done by the district centers, the applications will be sent to the banks.
- After that the banks will have 15 days to approve the loan applications.
- After the loan application is approved, the banks will specify another date within next 15 days to sign the loan agreement document and complete other formalities.
- The applicant students will be informed via e-mail and text messages about the important dates and status of the loan.
According to source – interested students are required to register themselves with District Registration and Counseling Center (DRCC) set up in all 38 districts. Following the registration and submission of application for loan, the DRCC would do the necessary verification and forward it to the banks.
The loan amount would be provided to the beneficiary students within a month of submission of application.
Details about the scheme are available on the website of education department – www.educationbihar.gov.in.
Banks Selected Under Student Credit Card Scheme –
- State Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank
- Uco Bank, Bank of Baroda
- Union Bank of India
- Bank of India
- Indian Bank
- Axis Bank
- Bihar Gramin Bank
- Madhya Bihar Gramin Bank.
- The state government would act as a guarantor and banks would provide the loan based on support from DRCC.
- The DRCC would complete the necessary verification formalities, so that banks could clear the loan without much delay.
- The aspiring students would be able to fill the application form online and visit the respective DRCC and bank only once.
- Maximum loan amount of Rs 4 lakh would cover admission fee, hostel accommodation, expenses on books and other miscellaneous expenses.
Stay Connected For Further Updates on SCCS.