Shauchalaya Nirman, Ghar ka Samman is a new scheme launched by the Nitish Government as a part of the 7 resolves to transform Bihar. The scheme was launched on 28 September 2016 along with inaugurating both the schemes styled as “Har Ghar Nal Ka Jal” and “Shauchalaya Nirman, Ghar Ka Samman”.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said –
- these schemes were two out of seven resolves the state government was implementing for overall growth of the state.
- He said the state government had decided to free the state from the menace of open defecation in the next 4-5 years.
- CM said the state government would guarantee free pure drinking water to all households through taps and also help people protect themselves from diseases being caused due to open defecation once these schemes were implemented. He said people living below and above the poverty line could take advantage of both schemes equally
- He said the scope of both schemes was very wide and these were not prepared by keeping any particular section of the society in mind
Shauchalaya Nirman, Ghar ka Samman Objectives
The main objective of the Shauchalaya Nirman, Ghar ka Samman scheme is to end the evil practice of outdoor defecation by the year 2017 – 2019. To achieve the objective-
- the state government would provide a financial support to each household to build an indoor toilet.
- The state government under the scheme would also invest a large amount on building community toilets across the state.
Under the 2 resolves to transform Bihar, the state government is launching 7 different initiatives to improve the social and economic lifestyle in the state.