Seekho Aur Kamao Yojana – India is a diverse country, people live here in every community. It is always tried by the government to get equal rights to all these communities and through various schemes, efforts are made to empower minority communities (Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Persians). In this sequence, the Central Government launched a special scheme for the development of skills of minorities by the name “Learn and Earn Scheme / Seekho Aur Kamao Yojana” in 2013.
Seekho Aur Kamao Yojana
The aim of “Learn and Earn Scheme / Seekho Aur Kamao Yojana” is to develop the skills of minorities, to develop their traditional and modern skills based on the educational qualifications of the minority youth, current economic trends and market potential. This scheme will help the people of the minority community to get employment and will also help in becoming eligible for self-employment based on their skills.
Minority Affairs Ministry has approved the Skill Development Program for the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) for Modular Employable Skills (MES). The NCVT approved MES curriculum has also included many traditional skills practiced by minority communities. The curriculum includes Embroidery, zarodosi, screw, Gem and ornaments, Weaving, wood, leather goods, brass metal, glass, carpet work etc. This can help minority communities to maintain Indian traditional arts and crafts. This scheme will help minority communities to face the challenges of the market and take advantage of opportunities.
Seekho Aur Kamao Yojana Objectives
- By maintaining the traditional skills of the minorities and by doing their own skill, to establish their relationship with the market potential.
- The existing workers, those who quit school, have to improve their employment and move them to a good job.
- Providing better livelihood to the minorities and bringing them into the mainstream.
- Enabling minorities to take advantage of opportunities in the growing market.
- Developing potential human resources for the country.
Empowering minority communities by providing skill development training.
- To reduce the unemployment rate of minorities.
Eligibility Criteria for Seekho Aur Kamao Yojana
- Trainees / Students / Candidates belonging to Minority Communities (like Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsis and Jains)
- Age limit of trainee/ student/candidate should be 14-35 years.
- Minimum qualification of trainee should be at least class 5th standard.
- If the reserved category prescribed under this scheme is vacant, then these vacant seats will be treated as unreserved.
How to Apply for Seekho Aur Kamao Yojana
- Firstly, visit the official website i.e. www.seekhoaurkamao-moma.gov.in
- After that, on the next page, create your ID mad Enter Your PAN number. (as shown in the image given below)
- After entering the details, Hit the Submit Button.
Download Seekho Aur Kamao Information Booklet
Official Website – www.seekhoaurkamao-moma.gov.in