“Saur Sujala Yojana” is a new scheme for Chhattisgarh farmers to provide solar powered irrigation pumps launched by our Prime Minister Narendra Modi ji in Chhattisgarh. Saur Sujala Yojana aims to provide solar powered irrigation pumps to farmers at a subsidized rate.
Benefits for farmer under Saur Sujala Yojana
The solar powered irrigation pump that will be provided to farmers to a low cost subsidized rates. The scheme is also aimed at strengthen the agriculture and rural development in rural areas of Chhattisgarh.
Under the Saur Sujala Yojana, government would distribute –
- Solar powered irrigation pumps of 3HP and 5HP capacity worth Rs 3.5 lakh and Rs 4.5 lakh respectively to the farmers.
- Pumps will be provided at the subsidized rates to farmers by 31 March 2019.
- 51000 farmers would be benefited in Chhattisgarh in next two years.
Implementation of Saur Sujala Yojana
Saur Sujala scheme will be implemented on priority basis in the areas where electricity has not reached yet in Chhattisgarh.
- Scheme would be implemented by CREDA (Chhattisgarh State Renewable Energy Development Agency) under the Department of Energy, Govt of Chhattisgarh.
- Number of Pumps to be Distributed – about 11000 solar pumps will be distributed to farmers in several zones in the state within the current financial year i.e. 2016-17.
- Selection of the beneficiaries under the Saur Sujala Yojana would be done by the department of agriculture of the state government.
Note – The farmers who have already been benefited under the borewell or pump scheme will be eligible for this scheme.
Guidelines Launched under Saur Sujala Yojana
The detailed guidelines of Saur Sujala Yoajna implementation in 2016-17 can be found on the official website at below link:
Guidelines of Saur Sujala Yojana