Apply Rajasthan Dr Savita Ben Ambedkar Inter Caste Marriage Scheme
Dr Savita Ben Ambedkar Inter Caste Marriage Scheme – The state government of Rajasthan has launched the Dr Savita Ben Ambedkar Inter Caste Marriage Scheme for or brave couples that break social taboos in order to provide them with financial support. In the past, many couples were brutally murdered by the family members, a practice that was later termed as ‘Honour killing’. The main motive of the state government behind launching this scheme is to reduce the rising number of Honour killings in India and to encourage inter-caste marriages.
Many Couples Availed Benefits Under Dr Savita Ben Ambedkar Inter Caste Marriage Scheme
The Rajasthan Government provided a financial help of Rs. 50,000 to the eligible married couples until 2008. According to the statistics, the authorities distributed a total amount of Rs. 44.80 lakh to 57 couples who married outside their castes and in the next year, the numbers hiked up to 103 and a total amount of Rs 51.50 lakhs was distributed among them.
Benefits of Dr Savita Ben Ambedkar Inter Caste Marriage Scheme
- A total amount of Rs. 5 Lakh will be provided under this scheme.
- Benefits of Rs 2.5 lakhs which will be directly credited to the couple’s joint account within the first year of marriage.
- Rs. 2.5 Lakh will be provided for buying household needed things.
Note – This amount can be withdrawn for buying household gifts. The rest amount will be kept as ‘fixed deposits’ that can be withdrawn after 8 years of marriage. The main purpose of this move is to ensure that the marriages are still on.
Eligibility Criteria for Dr Savita Ben Ambedkar Inter Caste Marriage Scheme
All the married couples who are willing to avail the benefits of the scheme must have to fulfill the below-mentioned criteria.
- Couples age must be up to 35 years
- The new rules discouraged polygamy and divorce. The couple won’t get any money if they take divorce within 8 years.
- All the senior couples who do not have children can apply for this scheme.
- The widows/widowers whose spouses died due to natural causes are ealso eligible for this scheme.
- The financial amount will be dispersed if one of the partners is found dead under mysterious circumstances.
- Couples have to register their marriage and have to apply for the assistance within two years of their marriage after registration.
- Either boy or girl must be permanent resident of Rajasthan
According to the eligibility conditions, it is ensured that only genuine lovers will get the benefits of Dr Savita Ben Ambedkar Inter-Caste Marriage scheme.
Read More: Complete List of Rajasthan Government Schemes
How to Apply for Dr Savita Ben Ambedkar Inter Caste Marriage Scheme
All the couples who are willing to avail the benefits of the scheme will have to submit their application form to the District Collector of the concerned district, District Social Welfare Officer or Chief Executive Officer Zilla Parishad. The District Social Welfare Officer will inspect the application forms and sanction the amount.
- For more details of the Scheme, Click Here