Rajasthan Ajeevika Kavach Bima Yojana – The Rajasthan Government has launched the Ajeevika Kavach Bima Yojana for the Bhedpalaks (भेड़पालको) of the state. Under this scheme, the state government provides financial support to the Bhedpalaks (भेड़पालको) of the state by providing insurance on the subsidized premium to their sheep. In the event of death of insured sheep under this insurance scheme, the state government will repay the sum insured in the event of the death of the victim to save the Bhedpalaks (भेड़पालको) from financial loss.
Rajasthan Ajeevika Kavach Bima Yojana
Under Ajeevika Kavach Bima Yojana, the state government will provide insurance coverage to 5 unit sheep from each family. A single unit consists of 10 sheep. That means, a single cattleman can get insurance coverge for his 50 sheep. Through this scheme, all the sheep cattlemen can now get their sheep treated well in case of any disease.
Rajasthan Ajeevika Kavach Bima Yojana – Eligibility Criteria
- Applicant must be a permanant resident of the state.
- Must have Bhamashah Card.
- The sheep must not be already insured under any other scheme.
Benefits / Assistance / Insurance Amount
- For SC/ST/BPL Category – 80 Percent
- For General Category – 70 Percent
- 100% insurance benefit on the death of the insured sheep from disease or accident.
Note – Maximum insurance amount given for 1 Sheep Unit will be Rs. 50,000
How to Apply For Rajasthan Ajeevika Kavach Bima Yojana
- To avail the benefits of the schemee, the cattlemen have to visit any of their nearby veterinary hospital/Animal husbandry Department to submit the proposal and get an approval
- After that, the applicant has to keep a tag in his sheep’s ears to identify its identity along with taking a photograph with it
Rajasthan Ajeevika Kavach Bima Yojana – Required Documents
- Insurance Application Form
- Sheep’s Health Certificate
- The Sheep Cattlemen’s photo with the tag in the ear of the sheep
- Caste Certificate
- Bhamashah Card
- Bank Account Details
- Aadhaar card