Punjab Govt.s’ New Atta Dal Scheme – पंजाब आटा दाल योजना
Atta Dal Scheme
The State Government of Punjab and Department of Food ,Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs had launched ‘Atta Dal Scheme’ on the special occasion of 61st Independence Day in 2007 for distributing food grain at subsidized rate.
What is Atta Dal Scheme
Under the Atta Dal Scheme, Punjab government distributes food grains at highly subsidized rate to the poor below poverty line (BPL) families. Under this scheme, food grain is provided around total number of 1.42 crores beneficiaries in the state. In 2013, the government renewed this scheme and decided the addition of more families into the beneficiaries list.
Read More: हिंदी में पढ़ें
The main motto objective of New Atta Dal Scheme is to provide food grains to the BPL families on really low economical rates. The price of the food is increasing day by day and under such circumstance, the condition of the poor families has become even worse since they do not have enough money to purchase food grains at market rates. Regarding this, the Government of Punjab has took very good initiative for helping poor families to provide them wheat and rice at low price
Benefits of the Scheme
- Benefits of wheat grains and pulses at highly subsidized rate in Punjab
- Wheat will be given at Rs. 2/- per Kg
- Benefits of 2.5 Kg pulses every family at subsidized rate
- The distribution will be done at the doorstep of the beneficiary directly by the department
Read More: Punjab Housing Schemes
- Beneficiary must be resident of Punjab state
- The BPL and AAY (Antodiya) ration card holders are eligible for the new New Atta Dal Scheme in Punjab
- People who own less than 2.5 acres of land are eligible for this scheme
- Applicant family income should be less than 60,000 per annum
- The BPL (Below Poverty Line) and AAY (Antodiya) ration card holders also eligible for the New Atta Dal Scheme. Under the new scheme the government decided to double the number of people who would benefit from the scheme.
- People who own less than 2.5 acres of land and have income of less than 60,000 per annum are eligible for New Atta Dal Scheme. In 2013 announcement by the government to launch the New Atta dal scheme, 13.5 lakh new beneficiary families were added to the list of beneficiaries.
- Aadhaar card
- BPL card
- Antyodaya ration cards
- Passport size photos
- Applicant contact food officer in relates district/Taluka in Punjab
- Applicant also contact gram panchyat, zilla parishad or block officer in the Punjab
Details of New Atta Dal Scheme || Department of Food ,Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs