Punjab Govt.’s Bhagat Puran Singh Sehat Bima Yojana
Bhagat Puran Singh Sehat Bima Yojana
Punjab State Government has started a cashless health insurance scheme named ‘Bhagat Puran Singh Sehat Bima Yojana‘ for Blue Card Holders (BCH) families in Punjab.
What is Bhagat Puran Singh Sehat Bima Yojana
Under Bhagat Puran Singh Sehat Bima Yojana, state government provides cashless health insurance up to Rs. 50,000 per family per year and accidental death and permanent disabilities.
This scheme cover 28.05 lack Blue Card Holders (BCH) families who will get facility of cashless treatment up to Rs. 50,000 in 214 government and 216 impaneled private hospitals in the state. Government also covers marginal farmers, construction workers and small traders under this scheme.
The Bhaghat Puran SinghSehat Bima Yojana provide coverage for meeting up with the expenses for medical and surgical procedures including maternity benefits in Punjab.
Read More: हिंदी में पढ़ें
Objectives of the Scheme
The main objective of the scheme is to provide protection to economically weaker households from financial liabilities arising out of health shocks that involve hospitalization. State government started this scheme with an aim is to reduce government expenditure, to provide quality health care that avoids large out of pocket expenditure, to provide financial security against illness, to improve health status of the State
Benefits of the Scheme
- Government covers & provide benefits to the Blue Card Holders (BCH) families, marginal farmers, construction workers and small traders under this health insurance scheme
- Government provides cashless health insurance Smart Cards up to Rs. 50,000 per family per year
- Benefits of Rs. 5 lack per head of family in case of accidental death and permanent disabilities covers under atta dal scheme
- The scheme also provide one day pre-hospitalization and 5 days post hospitalization benefit respectively and covers pre existing condition from day one
- The beneficiaries will get cashless medical treatment in empanelled Government & Private hospitals in Punjab
- The scheme is free for the beneficiaries as the State Government will bear the entire premium the insurance company except for Rs. 30 per family as registration fee that shall be directly paid by the beneficiary
- There is a provision for transport allowance of Rs. 100 per hospitalization subject to an annual ceiling of Rs. 1000 & this will be provided by the hospital to the beneficiary at the time of discharge in cash
- Applicant must be the resident of Punjab state
- Applicant families should be belongs to Blue Card Holders (BCH) in Punjab
- Marginal farmers, construction workers and small traders are eligible under this scheme
- Aadhaar card
- Resident proof
- Address proof
- Income certificate
- Blue card holder
- Applicant should visit government hospitals or private hospitals affiliated to this insurance scheme
- Applicant contact health officer related to district/Taluka in Punjab
- Applicant also visit gram panchayat in villages