Punjab Apni Gaddi Apna Rozgar Yojana – पंजाब अपनी गड्डी अपना रोज़गार योजना
Apni Gaddi Apna Rozgar Yojana
Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amrindar Singh has announced a new scheme named ‘Apni Gaddi Apna Rozgar Yojana’ for the unemployed youths of the state.
What is Apni Gaddi Apna Rozgar Yojana
Under this Apni Gaddi Apna Rozgar Yojana, the state government will provide taxis to jobless youth at subsidized rates. The Punjab government has tied up with two largest taxi operator companies in India, Ola and Uber. The state government will put the scheme under the new draft transport policy which will be launched in coming weeks.
In its election manifesto, the congress government has promised to the jobless youth of Punjab to provide 1 Lakh taxis, commercial light commercial vehicles and other vehicles every year at subsidized rates. These vehicles will be provided under the Apni Gaddi Apna Rozgar Yojana with no collateral requirement for the loan.
Objectives of the Scheme
- The main objective of Apni Gaddi Apna Rozgar Yojana is to provide jobs to the jobless youth and an opportunity to make them self reliant. The new draft transport policy will also open up permits for jobless youth to help in the efficient implementation of Apni Gaddi Apna Rozgar Yojana.
- The taxis would be provided at subsidized rates and no collateral would be required for the loan for purchasing the taxi. The loan repayment period would be 5 years under the scheme.
More About Apni Gaddi Apna Rozgar Yojana
- 1 Lakh taxis and commercial vehicles per year at subsidized rates.
- No collateral for loan and 5 year repayment period.
Tie-up with Ola and Uber taxi operators.
- Reconstruction of 22 district transport offices.
- Overhaul of the four RTA offices at Patiala, Jalandhar, Ferozepur and Bathinda.
- Completely transparent process for allotment of permits.
Applications for driving license to be invited through online portal SAARTHI.
- Vehicle registrations to go online through VAAHAN web portal.
- Apni Gaddi Apna Rozgar Yojana will definitely help jobless youth in making them self-reliant. The scheme is expected to receive a great response after it is launched.
It is not clear if the applications for the subsidy on vehicles would be invited either through online or offline mode.
Note: To know more and updates of this scheme, keep watching this page “Apni Gaddi Apna Rozgar Yojana” taxi subsidy scheme of Punjab Government.