Complete Information of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojna
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojna -Updated detail
What is Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Scheme
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is a new welfare scheme launched by PM Nr Narendra Modi on 1st of May at Ballia (located in Utterpradesh). Under Pm Ujjwala Yojna Government aims to provides an LPG Cylinder connection to every house that comes under BPL( Below Poverty line). The main purpose of this scheme is to replace the unhealthy , unclean cooking source mostly used in Rural Area with new LPG Gas connection
Main Objectives of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojna
Undre this Scheme the government is aiming to provide upto 5 crore LPG Connection to each women in BPL (Below Poverty Line) . Main objectives of this scheme are as follows
- Empowering women and protecting their health.
- Reducing the serious health hazards associated with cooking based on fossil fuel.
- Reducing the number of deaths in India due to unclean cooking fuel.
- Preventing young children from significant number of acute respiratory illnesses caused due to indoor air pollution by burning the fossil fuel.
How To Apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojna
Here I am providing you an attachment of Ujjwala Yojna Apllication From in both languages hindi/English. To apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojna you need to fill out this form.
Form in English
Form in Hindi
But before filling this form you need to make sure you are eligible.
According to this scheme the eligible Women candidates from BPL families can only apply for Prdhan Mantri Ujjwalla scheme by filling this form.
This is a two page application form with some basic details such as Name , Contact information , Jan Dhan Bank account no, Aadhar card no etc . Interested applicants need to fill correct information and attach copies the documents along with the form. Attachments like –
List of Required Documents for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojna
Below is the list of mandatory documents to be attached along with the filled application form.
- BPL Certificate Authorized by Panchayat Pradhan / Municipality Chairman
- BPL Ration Card
- One Photo ID (Aadhar Card or Voter ID Card)
- One Recent Passport Size Photograph
After filling your form you can submit it to the nearest LPG center center or outlet along with the required documents.
Eligibility For Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojna
Identification of candidates if she is eligible to get the benefits or not will be made on the basis of SECC- 2011 data . but still government has throw a basic criteria to fill out this form.
- The applicant’s name should be in the list of SECC-2011 data.
- The applicant should be a women above the age of 18 years.
- The women applicant should belong to BPL (Below Poverty Line).
- The women applicant should have a saving bank account in any nationalized bank across the country.
- The applicant’s household should not already own a LPG connection in anyone’s name.
Total Budgets/Funding – Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojna -Updated detail
- The government has already allocated Rs. 2000 crore for the Ujjwala Yojana implementation for the financial year 2016-17. Government will distribute LPG connections to about 1.5 Crore BPL families within the current financial year.
- A total budgetary allocation of Rs. 8000 Crore has been made by the government for the implementation of the scheme over three years. The scheme will be implemented using the money saved in LPG subsidy through the “Give-it-Up” campaign.
Financial Assistance – Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojna -Updated detail
- The scheme provides a financial support of Rs. 1600 for each LPG connection to the eligible BPL households. The connections under the scheme will be given in the name of women head of the households.
- The government will also provide EMI facility for meeting the cost of stove and refill.
Implementation – Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojna -Updated detail
- The scheme will be implemented by the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas.
- This Scheme would be implemented into three years, FY 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19.
Current state of LPG distribution in India -Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojna -Updated detail
- India is home to more than 24 Crore houses out of which about 10 Crore familes are still in lack of LPG connection and have to survive on firewood, coal, dung – cakes etc. for cooking.
Quick Details About Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana -Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojna -Updated detail
|Scheme Name||Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana|
|Launch Date||01 May 2016|
|Main objective||Provide LPG connections to women from BPL households|
|Other objectives||Reduce health hazards/diseases and air pollution caused by the use of unclean fossil fuels|
|Target||Distribution of LPG connections among 5 Crore BPL households by the year 2018-19|
|Time Frame||3 Years, FY 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19|
|Total Budget||Rs. 8000 Crore|
|Financial Assistance||Rs. 1600/- per LPG connection|
|Eligibility||BPL candidates available in SECC-2011 data|
|Other benefits||EMI facility for meeting the cost of stove and refill|
toll free no of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Scheme is : 1800 266 6696