Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Gujarat – Apply Online || Complete Details
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Gujarat
The Central Government of India has launched its ambitious scheme ‘Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana’ in the tribal-dominated Dahod district, Gujarat state on 15 may. It was inaugurated by the BJP chief Amit Shah and Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan.
Details of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Gujarat
Under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, the main motto of the Government is to provide LPG connections to the 5 crores below poverty line (BPL) women in the next three years.
In the Gujarat, the government has aimed to provide 25 lakhs new LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) connections and 15 lakh PNG (Piped Natural Gas) connections to increase the use of clean fuels in the State of Gujarat. Dahod district has the lowest percentage of LPG connections across the state, hence it is selected for the launch ceremony of the Ujjwala Yojana.
This scheme provides a positive impact on the lives of women from BPL families in a major way by reducing the drudgery of cooking with polluting fuels, reducing indoor pollution and other health related problems being faced by women in the state. The main objective of this scheme is to provide a smoke-free and healthy environment to the women across the nation. In this modern age, many women across the country still continue to face the adverse health effect by inhaling smoke emitted from burning firewood.
Read More: Government Latest and New Scheme
Benefits of the Scheme
- Government has provided new LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas ) connections and 15 lakh PNG (Piped Natural Gas) connections to the below poverty line (BPL) women in the Gujarat state
- Under this scheme, each beneficiary will get financial assistance of Rs.1,600 to get a LPG gas connection
- Benefits of smoke-free and healthy environment during cooking for women from BPL families
Objectives of the Scheme
- Empowering women and protecting their health
- Reducing the serious health hazards associated with cooking based on fossil fuel
- Reducing the number of deaths in India due to unclean cooking fuel
- Preventing young children from significant number of acute respiratory illnesses caused due to indoor air pollution by burning the fossil fuel
- Applicant should be resident of Gujarat state
- Women who lives in rural areas of the state and must be belongs to below poverty line (BPL) are eligible for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Aadhaar card
- BPL card
- Bank account details
- Blue ration card
- Passport size photos
- Applicant should visit nearest LPG distributor and ask for the prescribed application form
- Fill the applicant form along with attached all essential documents mentioned above
- Once fill the form, submit to the LPG office in the area
Applicant also visit Gram panchayat and collector office in related Taluka/districts in Gujarat state