Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan (PMSMA) – Complete Details
About Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan (PMSMA)– Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan or Yojana is a new initiative step of our Prime Minister the Narendra Modi Government which aims to provide free health check-up for pregnant women of India .
Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan or Yojana was launched on June 9, 2016. Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan scheme has been launched with the objective of boosting and maintaining the health care facilities provided for the pregnant women, especially for the poor women.
As per this scheme Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan, the pregnant ladies will be given free health check-up and required treatment for free on 9th of every month. The scheme will be applicable for pregnant women and can be availed from all Government hospitals across the country India without any cost of rupee.
Objectives of Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan –
Key features of Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan are as follows –
Normally, when a women gets pregnant, she suffers from various kinds of diseases and health issues such as –
- blood pressure,
- high sugar
- hormonal diseases
The scheme thus will provide free checkups as much needed by the patient the pregnant women and completely aims good health and birth of a healthy child.
Below are some of the main objectives of the scheme.
- Provide a healthy life to the pregnant women.
- Lowering the maternity mortality rate.
- Making pregnant women aware of their health issues/diseases.
- Making sure safe delivery and healthy life of the baby
Key Features of The Scheme-
The scheme is applicable only for the pregnant women.
- The free checkup will take place on 9th of every month.
- All kinds of medical checkups under this scheme will be completely free
- Tests will took place at the medical centres, government and private hospitals and private clinics across the country
- Women will be marked differently based on their health problems so that doctors can easily detect the problem
Also it is important to note that The scheme is applicable only to the women in their pregnancy period of 3 to 6 months only .
- The women who are not from urban areas and belong to semi urban, poor and rural areas will be given preferences under the Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan.
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan, several tests including-blood pressure
-blood test and
All these tests will be done at the medical centers. The doctors will use different colors of stickers on the health cards of the pregnant women as follows:
Sticker Color Types of diseases Red Sticker Serious patients Blue Sticker High blood pressure Other diseases
- Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan is really a great ambitiousand welfare scheme launched by Pm Narendra Modi and will certainly help pregnant women from backward classes, rural areas and uneducated in remaining healthy throughout their pregnancy.
Pm speak on Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan
PM Mr Narendra Modi – ask doctors and medical professionals working in private healthcare sector to participate in the scheme and give 12 days of free services per year to poor pregnant women.
Prime Minister Modi said – On addressing the nation in the 22nd edition of his ‘Mann Ki Baat’ programme.
“The government is concerned about health of pregnant women. The government has started Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan (PMSMA). Free check-up will be given in government health centers to pregnant women on 9th of every month“
Official Advertising Banner For Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan –