Pradhan Mantri Shadi Shagun Yojana – The Central Government has launched a new welfare scheme for promoting higher education in girls belonging to the minority community of the nation. The name of this scheme is Pradhan Mantri Shadi Shagun Yojana. Under this scheme, the central government gives Rs. 51 thousand to girls of minority community who complete their graduation before marriage. The Muslim community has the highest number of minorities in the country. The situation of higher education of girls in Muslim society is very bad.
Pradhan Mantri Shadi Shagun Yojana – प्रधानमंत्री शादी शगुन योजना
This plan was started by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on August 8, 2017. Its purpose is to encourage the minority community girls and their parents for the purpose that girls can complete higher education. The benefits of this scheme can only be availed by the girls of Muslim society. Shadi Shagun Yojana benefits only those Muslim girls who have received National Scholarship at Begum Hazrat Mahal at the school level. This scholarship is provided to the girls of Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, and Parsi communities.
Eligibility Criteria For Pradhan Mantri Shadi Shagun Yojana – प्रधानमंत्री शादी शगुन योजना
- The benefit of the Shadi Shagun Yojana will be provided to only to those Muslim girls who have received National scholarship at Begum Hazrat Mahal at the school level.
- Beneficiaries of the scheme must complete graduate studies.
- Graduation should be done by any recognized college.
- It is mandatory for a Muslim girl to be a citizen of India.
- The annual income of the girl’s parents will not be more than two lakh rupees.
The proposal of this scheme was given by the Maulana Azad Education Foundation, which came under the Ministry of Central Minority Affairs. More information related to this can be obtained from Central Government Minority Welfare Ministry.