Pradhan Mantri Scholarship Scheme – The Central Government of India has launched the Pradhan Mantri Scholarship Scheme (प्रधानमंत्री छात्रवृत्ति योजना). Under this scheme, the central government provides a scholarship to the selected students of 10th and 12th entering in the professional courses (BE, B.Tech medical, pharmacy, BCA, BBA, Engineering, IIT etc.).
Pradhan Mantri Scholarship Scheme
Under the Pradhan Mantri Scholarship Scheme, the Central Government provides scholarship to a total 82,000 students (41,000 boy students and 41,000 girl students)every year. This Rs. 10,000 scholarship is distributed to the selected students across the country.
Under this scheme, any interested student can apply for the scholarship for only one course. However, if a student applies for scholarships in multiple courses then the application will be canceled.
The Central Government provide scholarships to the selected students by the means of Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) and Aadhar Payment Bridge so that the amount can be directly transferred to the student’s account.
Pradhan Mantri Scholarship Scheme – Eligibility Criteria
- The annual income of the student’s family must not exceed Rs 6,00,000.
- Those students who are pursuing distant learning will not be considered for the scholarship as only the students doing regular courses will be given these scholarships.
- The applicant’s age must be between 18 to 25.
- All those students who have scored 75% marks in class 12th are given a scholarship of Rs 1000 per month for 10 months (10,000).
- Those students who scored 85% marks in class 12th are given a scholarship of Rs 25,000.
- Apart from this, those students who are pursuing professional courses of four or five years are provided the scholarship of 2,000 per month for the fourth and fifth year.
- Note – Such students who are receiving these scholarships must have to score minimum 50% marks in every semester. The scholarship will be stopped in the case if the students scored marks less than 50% or get fail.
Pradhan Mantri Scholarship Scheme – Apply Online
All the interested and eligible students who are fulfilling the above-mentioned criteria and scored the minimum marks required for the scholarship can apply online for the scholarship scheme by visiting National Scholarship Portal (http://scholarships.gov.in/) Official Website –
- Firstly of all, visit the official web portal of National Scholarship i.e. http://scholarships.gov.in/
- If you are registered applicant then use your login id and password and apply for your course scholarship.
- If you unregistered user, you have to make online registration on the portal.