Hello, Friends Today we are here with a new scheme launched by Delhi Government. 15th May, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced a new scheme for promoting processing in the fishery sector. The scheme has been announcing as Matsya Sampada Yojana.
For this scheme allocated an estimated Amount Rs 3,737 crore for the newly carved out Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, and Dairying.
In the conference, Sitharaman had Presenting the Union Budget 2019-20 in Parliament, and said: “fishing and fishermen communities are closely aligned with farming and are crucial to rural India.”
Sitharaman also said this scheme, Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY), will be established under the Department of Fisheries for a robust fisheries management framework.
According to the government this scheme has been launched with thought keeping in mind that this will helpful in maintaining the critical gaps in the value chain, including infrastructure, modernisation, traceability, production, productivity, post-harvest management, and quality control
Objective of launch of the scheme:
- The basic aim behind this scheme is employment, Government is nearly positive as launching this scheme with having an estimated idea that this scheme will provide employment to over 55 lakh persons & double exports to Rs 1 lakh crore.
- This yojana will create modern infrastructure with efficient supply chain management from farm gate to retail outlet.
- It will increase growth of food processing sector in the country.
- It will increase GDP, Employment, and investment.
- It will help in reducing the huge wastage of agricultural products.
- It will help in providing better prices to farmers and double their of income.