Pradhan Mantri LPG Panchayat – प्रधानमंत्री एलपीजी पंचायत योजना
Pradhan Mantri LPG Panchayat – The Hon’ble President of India Mr. Ram Nath Kovind organized the LPG Panchayat on 13 February 2018 at Rashtrapati Bhawan. It was organized by the Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry. The main motive of organizing LPG Panchayat is to provide a platform to the LPG Gas Consumers to talk to each other, learn from each other and sharing experience.
Pradhan Mantri LPG Panchayat
In each LPG panchayat, about 100 LPG consumers are gathered near their residence to discuss the safe and sustainable use of LPG, its benefits and clean fuel in cooking and women’s empowerment. The goal of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas is to organize such 1 lakh panchayat across the country before March 31, 2019.
Need of Pradhan Mantri LPG Panchayat
- About 21 Crore families of the country are consuming LPG. In cities, where nearly 100% of the population uses LPG, 51% of households are consuming LPG in villages.
- Out of the 3 crore connections given under the Ujjwala scheme, 35 percent of the households have not yet taken another gas cylinder.
- Actually, Petroleum Ministry also wants all the families of the country to be equipped with LPG so that the dependence on fuel is low and the health of women is better.
- The government wants that the number of gas connections should be reached up to five crores by 2019 under the Ujjwala scheme. Therefore, for the first time, one lakh Pradhan Mantri LPG panchayats will be organized across the country to bring awareness about LPG consumption among households consuming gas.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri LPG Panchayat
- LPG Panchayat will succeed in giving a new dimension to the success of Ujjwala scheme Under this, arranging for Panchayats among women is to be organized.
- In these Pradhan Mantri LPG Panchayats, the help of women working in every area will also be taken. It will also include women working in the area of Anganwadi, social service and politics.
- LPG Panchayats will also help increase awareness in remote areas of the country that LPG is cheaper than the conventional energy used by them and also clean.
- In these LPG panchayats, information related to the use of LPG such as it is not only good for safety and health but also helps in keeping the surrounding environment clean.