Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana – The Central Government of India has launched the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana for solving the problem of water for both drinking and agriculture purpose. Under this scheme, the farmers can now cultivate advanced by reducing the consumption of water.
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana
This scheme reduces the consumption of both water and electricity and benefits the farmers. With the implementation the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana by the Prime Minister to reduce the consumption of water to the farmers, the farmers are taking advantage of the drip and sprinkler irrigation system under the ‘Microirrigation-Program’ program.
Programs Under Krishi Sinchai Yojana
- Drip Irrigation
- Sprinkler Irrigation
According to the Operational Guidelines 2017 of the Government of India, progressive production and water harvesting will be done by putting drip irrigation method in suitable crops based on 14 different lateral spacing of horticulture, agriculture and sugarcane crops.
Benefits of Sprinkler Irrigation
Farmers can take advantage of this irrigation from vegetable to flowers and medicinal cultivation. Simplified irrigation in pepper, carrot, radish, various types of leafy vegetables, pulley crops, oilseed crops, other agricultural crops, medicinal and aroma crops can be done by using mini sprinkler, micro sprinkler, semi-permenant, portable and large vacuum sprinkler (Rain Gun). By which the consumption of water is reduced, as well as reduces the outbreak of insects in crops.
What is MicroIrrigation Program
Under this method, dropwise water is given to the crops through which moisture content remains in the roots of the plants and there will is low consumption of water. According to the Indian Government’s Operational Guidelines 2017, progressive production and water harvesting can be done by applying drip irrigation method in appropriate crops on the basis of 14 different lateral spacing of horticulture, agriculture and sugarcane crops.
Farmers Are Given Information
Farmers fairs are organized several times by the Agriculture Department. In which the farmers are given information about this scheme. Farmers have registered themselves and have also taken advantage to take advantage of this scheme in the three-day fair on Collectorate.
How to Get Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana
Farmers must have their own water tank, pond, or source of water to take advantage of the scheme. Along with this, the farmer also has his own land. The second time benefit of the scheme can be given to the beneficiary farming institution only after 7 years on the same land.
How to Register For Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana
To avail the benefits of the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps –
- Firstly, visit the official website of UP Agriculture Department i.e. www.upagriculture.com
- After that, make online registration on this portal.
- Then, you can avail the benefits of this scheme on First Come, First Serve Basis.
- Benefits of this scheme can be availed to the farmers of all sections.
- Farmers interested in getting the benefit of the scheme must have their own land and water resources.
- All the members of the co-operative society, Self Help Group, Incorporated Companies, Panchayati Raj Institutions, Non-Cooperative Societies, Trusts, Productive Farmers, etc. are also eligible for the scheme.
- The benefit of the scheme will also be permissible to such beneficiaries/entities who cultivate/cultivate land on contract farming or lease agreement of minimum age of 7 years.
- The benefit of the scheme will be permissible for a beneficiary farmer/institution after 7 years for the second time on the same land.
Documents Required For Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana
- Aadhar Card
- Copy of the first page of the bank passbook for the transfer of the amount of Khatoni and grant funds for identification of land
Note – The assistance amount will be directly transferred to the bank account of the beneficiary via DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer).