Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY)
The Central Government of India had launched a scheme named ‘Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY)‘ for providing a health insurance. This scheme was launched by the Indian Prime Minister Narender Modi on May 09, 2015. This scheme targets especially towards the poor and underprivileged.
What is Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY)
Under Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY), a one-year insurance cover will be offered by LIC and other Indian private Life Insurance Companies who are willing to join the scheme for death due to any reason. It is renewable on a yearly basis.
Benefits of the Scheme
- A compulsory amount of Rs 2 lakh is payable to the nominee on death of beneficiary due to any reason.
- The insurance cover is offered with a mere premium of Rs 330 per annum which is auto-debited by the bank from the subscriber’s savings account.
- This scheme offers insurance cover at a cheap cost with easy enrolment and instant processing with no medical examination required.
- Saving Account Holders of participating banks having age between 18 to 50 can avail the benefits of the scheme.
- If someone has more than one bank accounts, then he/she can avail the benefits of the scheme through one bank account only.
- The beneficiary must give consent for a premium to be auto-deducted from his/her savings account.
- After applying for the scheme, the individuals have to pay the full premium after the enrollment period. He has to produce a self-certification of good health and give a declaration that he/she is not suffering from any acute and critical medical condition at the time of registration.
- Aadhaar Card is the primary KYC document required for the scheme.
- Bank Account details
- Recent Photograph
- Interested and eligible applicants need to download the Consent-Cum-Declaration form from the website of his bank.
- Applicant has to fill the application form with personal details, Aadhaar Card number, registered a phone number, email id and nominee details after which it has to be submitted to the bank.