Pradhan Mantri Gram Parivahan Yojana (PMGPY) – Complete Details
PMGPY | Pradhan Mantri Gram Privahan Yojana – Complete Details – Pradhan Mantri Gram Parivahan Yojana is a new scheme launched by Our Prime Minister for connecting the rural areas to the roadways for transportation and other uses.
Launching Details of Pradhan Mantri Gram Parivahn Yojana
the Central Government has decided to launch the Pradhan Mantri Gram Parivahan Yojana after the massive response of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana,
- central government had started the Pradhan Mantri Gram Parivahan Yojana in the year 2000 under the NDA government.
- The scheme PMGPY has launched to focus on those areas so that people can easily avail the vehicles whenever they need to travel from one place to another.
Under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Parivahan Yojana (PMGPY), the central government will provide commercial PV’s to defense personnel and women self-help groups. The scheme will supplement the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana which was launched to improve road conditions in the villages.
Aim of Pradhan Mantri Gram Parivahan Yojana –
PMGPY aims to improve the public transport system in rural area.
- Under the scheme, the government is considering to provide – “10-12 seater passenger vehicles at subsidised rates to retired defence personnel and women self-help groups for running on these roads.”
- The idea of providing vehicles of 10 to 12 seaters is made as a decision after a huge survey counducted in Bilaspur area and the conclusion was that 10-12 seater vehicle will be helpfull.
Short Description of PMGPY –
Short Informative Description of PMGPY is as below –
According to a source – ” now roads are in place, but public transport is missing. That’s why the government is considering to provide 10-12 seater passenger vehicles at subsidised rates to retired defence personnel and women self-help groups for running on these roads,” .
Aim Of Gram Parivahan Yojana
The aim is to provide roads to all villages with a 10-12 setaer vehicle
- This is the second Major step Taken bu Government for Rural Development After Gram Sadak Yojana
Updates of PMGPY
- According to an official survey conducted by the ministry, there is a substantial demand for 10-12 seater passenger/commercial vehicles to help people connect 20 km distance.
- Ministry has said while 36,000 km roads were constructed in fiscal year 2015-16 under PMGSY, this financial year the target has been raised to 48,000 km.