Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana (PMAGY) – A Centrally sponsored Pilot Scheme
This is A rural development programme in all over India .
Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana (PMAGY) is a Scheme or we can say an initiative for the empowerment of those sections that are deprived from development .
This Initiative Scheme is held by Government of India and From our Prime Minister Mr Narendra Modi, PMAGY completely aims to achieve group development of selected villages through convergent implementation of all relevant Central and State schemes launched so far.
Launching Details of Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana (PMAGY)
PMAGY scheme was launched in March, 2010 by setting a a landmark on the basis of integrated development of up-to 1000 selected villages each with more than 50% SC (Scheduled Cast ) population
According To the Census Report – Scheduled Castes, who constitute 16.6% of our population as per 2011 Census, have historically suffered social disabilities and educational and economic Deprivation
Vision of Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana (PMAGY)
For Detailed Information download this attachment – pmagy guidelines-revised-2015-english
This is the rural growth program started by the Indian Central government during the 2009-10). This program is specially for the growth of villages with a ratio (more than 50%) of persons of the scheduled castes by union of central & state schemes & allocating monetary support on for each village.
The scheme intended to carry a number of growth plans for the villages. Few of the plans are Bharat Nirman, Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) for roads in rural areas, water delivery, accommodation, electrification & several big-ticket plans such as Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, ICDS, hygiene. This agenda would be pertinent to approximately 44,000 villages.
According to factors – What is a Model Village
A Model village is one which has respectively
- physical and institutional infrastructure, in which minimum needs of all sections of the society are fully ;
- People live in harmony with each other, as also with the environment
- A village which is progressive and dynamic
- Villages should be covered with all the facilities necessary for dignified living,
- Environment in which all its residents are enabled to utilize their potential to the
- villages should, inter alia, satisfy the following norms
A Model village is one which has adequate physical and institutional infrastructure, in which
Note : All the data has been derived from the Official Website Under Pradhan mantri Aadarsh Gram Yojana
Vision Of Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana is to ensure that village has above described facilities for inhabitants.
List Of schemes That has been Selected Under Adarsh Gram Yojana
Schemes selected that can be implemented through Pradhan Mnatri Adarsh Gram Yojana
Here I am providing you a complete list of all the scheme that has been selected through Centeral Government which can be implemented to the villages chosed for Pradhan Mnatri Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Scheme of Educational Development
- Pre-Metric Scholarship to Children of those engaged in Unclean Occupations
- Post- Metric Scholarship
- Scholarship for “Top Class Education”
- National Overseas Scholarship
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship
- Up gradation of Merit
- Schemes of Economic Development
- Special Central Assistance to SCSP
- Self Employment Scheme for Rehabilitation of Manual Scavengers
- National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSCFDC)
- National Safai Karmcharis Finance and Development Corporation (NSKFDC)
- State Scheduled Castes Development Corporations (SCDCs)
- Social Empowerment and Other Schemes
- Scheme for Implementation of PCR Act, 1955 and SC and ST (POA)
- Assistance to Voluntary Organizations working for the Welfare of SCs
Objective of Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana (PMAGY) – A Centrally sponsored Pilot Scheme
The ideal situation for a model village in terms of its physical and social infrastructural facilities can be conceived in the following framework
To ensure integrated development of the selected villages into “model villages” so that, inter alia,
- They have all requisite physical and social infrastructure for their socio-economic development, and satisfy the norms mentioned in the vision of an adarsh gram to the maximum possible extent.
- Disparity between SC and non-SC population in terms of common socio- economic indicators (e.g. literacy rate, completion rate of elementary education, IMR/MMR, ownership of productive assets, etc.) is eliminated, the indicators are raised to at least the level of the national average, and
- All BPL families, especially those belonging to SCs, have food and livelihood security, and are enabled to cross the poverty line and earn an adequate livelihood
- All children complete at least eight years of education, and
- Incidence of malnutrition, especially among children and women, is eliminated.
- Untouchability, discrimination, segregation, and atrocities against SCs are eliminated, as are other social evils like discrimination against girls/women,alcoholism and substance (drugs) abuse, etc., and all sections of society are able to live with dignity and equality, and in harmony with others.
State Selected For PMAGY
This Scheme was launched During 2009 and 2010 , Currently there are 5 states that has been selected as far in this scheme as follows with reason details.
Area Covered Till so far in PMAGY –
Presently the scheme is being implemented in five States of the country viz Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu.
Total Number of Villages in Five States
Timeline Approved by Government for PMAGY
the following time limit has been approved
that must be achieved by this scheme.
Stay connected for more Updates