Baristha Nagarika Tirtha Yatra Yojana – The State Government of Odisha is going to start the Baristha Nagarika Tirtha Yatra Yojana, for the senior citizens of the state from November for the second consecutive year.
Details of Baristha Nagarika Tirtha Yatra Yojana
Similar to the last year, Odisha Government is also planning to run three pilgrim trains originating from Berhampur, Bhubaneswar and Sambalpur. More than 750 to 1000 senior citizens can get the benefit of the scheme for visiting various religious places in each train.
The Chief secretary A P Padhi directed the tourism department for making all the necessary arrangements for the safe journey of the eligible senior citizens of the state. According to the sources. a doctor will accompany the pilgrims in each train.
According to the information provided by the Director of Tourism Mr. Nitin Jawale, the first train from Bhubaneswar will start journey any day during November 20-24 whereas the entire tour will take a week’s time.
Read More: Pradhan Mantri Yojana and Schemes
Whereas the train starting from Bhubaneswar will take the pilgrims to Ajmir and Pushkar in Rajasthan. The Pilgrims from Berhampur would get a chance to visit Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh) and Vellore (Tamil Nadu). Those citizens who will begin their journey from Sambalpur would visit Siridi and Trimbakeshwar in Maharashtra.
The Odisha Tourism Department has already released the advertisements seeking applications from senior citizens to get the benefits of the Baristha Nagarika Tirtha Yatra Yojana.
Eligibility Criteria for Baristha Nagarika Tirtha Yatra Yojana
- Senior Citizens within the age group of 60-75 years can avail the benefit.
- Also, the citizens belong to below poverty line (BPL) categories can avail 100% concessions under the scheme
- Pilgrim should have the requisite fitness to undertake the journey and should not be suffering from any communicable disease
- Non-BPL senior citizens (except income tax payee) in the age group of 60-70 years can avail 50% concessions
- Senior Citizens of age 70 and up to 75 years can get 70% concessions.
- Under the scheme, an attendant can also accompany pilgrim above 70-75 years of age. The application of the attendant should be a joint application with the prospective ‘Pilgrim’. The attendant (both APL & BPL categories) has to pay 50% of the travel cost in shape of Bank Draft drawn on scheduled banks favouring the Director, Tourism payable at Bhubaneswar along with the application.
How to Apply for Baristha Nagarika Tirtha Yatra Yojana
- The application forms shall be made available at District Collectorate/Block, Tahasil & Gram Panchayat Office/District Tourist Offices and also will be available online at www.odishatourism.gov.in.
- A senior citizen desirous to avail benefit of the scheme should fill up the application in the prescribed proforma i.e. (Form-Odia or English) (Annexure-I &11).
- After that, applicants have to submit the duly filled application form at the Dist. Tourist Officer of their respective district, before the prescribed time-limit. Then, the applicants have to send the application from via post.
- For the time being, only offline applications shall be received from the pilgrims. Subsequently, provision of the online application shall be introduced, if required.
Baristha Nagarika Tirtha Yatra Yojana Application Form