Odisha Ama Gaon Ama Vikas Program – Our Village Our Development
Ama Gaon Ama Vikas Yojana – The state government of Odisha led by the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Odisha has announced the launching of a new scheme named “Ama Gaon Ama Vikas Yojana”. CM Naveen Patnaik had officially announced this scheme. The main motive of the Odisha Government behind launching this scheme is to improve and strengthen the system of Panchayati Raj within the state.
Hon’ble Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik introduced the implementation of this scheme while he was addressing the Panchayati Raj Divas. The Odisha Government celebrates the Panchayati Raj Divas on account of the birth anniversary of Biju Patnaik – former state Chief Minister and legendary leader of Odisha.
Features of the Ama Gaon Ama Vikas Yojana
- Under the Ama Gao, Ama Vikas Yojana, the main motive of the state government is to improve the condition of Panchayat Raj. Under the new initiative, the Odisha government targets at undertaking and launching new and better projects at the Panchayat level so it could prove helpful in meeting all the requirements of the local people.
- He launched this scheme for connecting the state together and connecting rural areas with cities and for the availability of transportation. This program has been started to reach rural areas and includes themselves in development activities. Ama Gaon, Ama Vikas means – Our village and our development
- For the better implementation of the new initiative, CM Patnaik had also made a statement that the state government will try and interact with the villagers and collect more information related to the developmental projects in their villages.
- State Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has flagged the mobile video van for Amma village, Ama Vikas Program on this occasion.
- According to the official statements of the state government, the interaction would be done at least two times on weekly basis so that the process of allocation of funds for immediate implementation of the project can be done.
- For ensuring that the process of implementation of the projects is done on priority basis statewide, the Chief Minister had also assured that the Odisha Government has allocated over Rs 2 crore right after the inauguration event.