Odisha Abadan Scheme – Complete Details & Heighlights
Odisha Abadan Scheme – The Odisha Government led by the Hon’ble Chief Minister Mr. Naveen Patnaik is going to launch a new scheme for the senior citizens of the state named Odisha Abadan Scheme. The main motto of Odisha Government behind launching this scheme is the improvement of the quality of life of senior citizen by giving them basic amenities like food, shelter, medical care and old age protection.
Details of Odisha Abadan Scheme
The Odisha ocial Security and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (SSEPD) department will operate the Abadan scheme. Under thi scheme, the extension of various services for the welfare of senior citiens will be emphasized. Besides this, it will generate facilities for providing extensive rehabilitation services to the to the vulnerable elderly.
As per the official notification, the Odisha government will ensure the effective implementation of the Maintenance and Welfare of People under Senior Citizens Act, 2007 via voluntary action and participation of all stakeholders.
Read More: List of Odisha Government Schemes
Highlights of Odisha Abadan Scheme
- During the Initail year, all the stakeholder will create awareness regarding the rights of Senior citizens and various other services.
- The Odisha Govt will spentd a total amount of Rs 2.4 crore (Rs 8 lakh per district) for effective implementation of the scheme.
- A “senior citizens week” will be conducted at district-level to connect senior citizens with stakeholders.
- Under this scheme, SSEPD will also cooperate with Bramhakumaris in schools and college to undertake awareness program regarding respect for elder people.
- Besides this, an open complaint management system regarding grievances of senior citizen will also open at the district level.
- Apart from this, all the complaints regarding senior citizens will be handled by two counselors or experts at district headquarters.
Under the State Government’s Abadan Scheme, the govt is planning to engage volunteers at local bus stands including cities of Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Berhampur, Sambalpur and Rourkela where they will guide senior citizens about the availability of seats in government and private buses. Those volunteers who are working on bus stand and guiding the senior citizen about the seats in bus would be receiving Rs. 3,000 per month from the government.