Introduction: On December 1, 2016, the State Government of Andhra Pradesh has launched a new scheme named ‘NTR Arogya Raksha Scheme’. This scheme was launched at Vijayawada. The scheme was launched with an aim of providing a medical treatment to the people of the Above Poverty Line (APL) at an expense of Rs. 1200 premium per annum. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu has inaugurated this health insurance scheme.
The main motto of the scheme is to provide free medical treatment to the people belonging to Above Poverty Line (APL) at Rs. 1200 premium per annum.
Around 1044 secondary and tertiary diseases will be covered under this scheme. Also, this scheme appeals people to enroll their names in the scheme by paying Rs. 1200 per annum per head.
Also, a health insurance cover is offered up to 2lakh and free treatment by the scheme.
Features of the Scheme:
- This health scheme provides medical treatment for 1044 health and medical ailments in any hospital as there are a total number of 432 Corporate Hospitals and 80 Government Hospitals in the state.
- The new Married couple either the wife or husband belongs to another state can also be registered under one family by paying the whole annual premium.
- The NTR Arogya Seva scheme has already been launched for the families belonging to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) category.
- The Andhra Pradesh has now become the first state to fulfill the health for all vision of the World Health Organization (WHO).
- The Above Poverty Line families can avail its benefit by paying a monthly installment of Rs. 100 per month per head or yearly installment of Rs. 1200 per annum per head.
- People are registering for this scheme at any of the Mee Seva centers till 28th February 2017.
- Also, medical insurance to those people who are not covered under any of the existing health schemes of the state government has been offered under this scheme.
- Also, a similar service has been provided to employees and journalists in the form of health cards.
- Arogya Raksha has been launched for those people who are not being covered by any such scheme.
Swasthaya Vidya Vahini Program
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu has launched a health education program in Vijayawada named “Swasthya Vidya Vahini” program on 24th December 2016 with an aim of developing a disease-free Andhra Pradesh.
Features of Vidya Vahini Program:
- Under this program, all the students of different streams nursing, psychology, medical and home science will be divided into 446 teams.
- This program will involve helping of all medical and nursing students from the state.
- This will also help to develop leadership and communication skills among the students. All the students will have to prepare a health profile of the village and inform the officials of the reasons for the spread of disease and remedial measures.
- The students will be given marks in the field work which will be treated as practical.
Complete Information Regarding the Program
|S. No.||Field||Information Data|
|1||Name of the scheme||NTR Arogya Raksha Scheme|
|2||Launched on||1st December, 2016|
|3||Lunched by||Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh N. Chandrababu Naidu|
|4||Place where the scheme launched||Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh|
|5||Eligibility||Above Poverty Line (APL) people|
|6||Scheme type||Medical Insurance|
|7||Premium of this scheme||Rs. 1200 per annum per head|
|8||Under this scheme program launched||Swasthya Vidya Vahini|
|9||The program is for||Medical, Nursing, Psychology and Home Science Student.|
List of Hospitals & Procedures under NTR Arogya Raksha Scheme
The detailed list of government & private hospitals and covered medical procedure & packages can be found at the below links.
List of Government Hospitals | List of Private Hospitals | List of Procedures | Follow-Up Packages
For more information about NTR Arogya Raksha health insurace scheme, please visit the following link