Nirmam Shramik Pension Yojana – The Odisha Government has come up with a new pension scheme for the construction workers of the state. The name of this scheme is Nirman Shramik Pension Yojana. Under this scheme, the state government provides pension to the construction workers of the state. The main motive of the state government behind launching this scheme is to provide benefits for 25 Lakh construction workers in the state.
Launching Details of Nirmam Shramik Pension Yojana
The Odisha Government has launched the Nirman Shramik Pension Yojana under the mission of “Social Security for All” for bringing the construction workers under the security net. According to the sources, the Nirman Shramik Pension Yojana will provide monthly pension to about 25 Lakh construction workers in the state of Odisha. The Odisha Government dedicates this scheme to those workers who lost their body and lives during their job.
Pension Amount of Nirmam Shramik Pension Yojana
- All the construction workers having age 60 years and above will be provided the pension of Rs. 300 per month.
- Those construction workers whose age is 80 and more will be provided monthly pension of Rs. 500.
- Widows of the workers and differently – abled will also be included under the scheme.
NOTE – There is no requirement of being registered with the Odisha Building & Other Construction Workers Welfare Board for 5 years, as was in PREVIOUS SCHEMES.
As per the chief minister, the Odisha government is actively working towards the betterment of the society including the welfare of low-income group and construction workers.
- The government has already increased the maternity assistance amount from Rs. 8000 to Rs. 10000.
- The state government also provides a medical assistance of up to Rs. 3.00 Lakh to the workers suffering from critical illness.