Nirman Shramik Pension Yojana – for Construction Workers – Complete details
About Nirmam Shramik Pension Yojana –
Nirman Shramik Pension Yojana is a new pension scheme launched by the state Government of Odisha. The new pension scheme will specially be for the construction workers in the state of Odisha . Aim of Nirman Shramik Pension Yojana would benefit about 25 Lakh construction workers in the state.
Launching Details of Nirmam Shramik Pension Yojana –
Nirmama Shramik Pension scheme has been launched under the mission of “Social Security for All” to bring the construction workers under the security net. As per source This scheme would provide monthly pension to nearly 25 Lakh construction workers in the state of Odisha. This scheme is basically dedicated to those workers who lost their body and lives during their job.
Pension Amount of Nirmam Shramik Pension Yojana –
Under the scheme pension amount that will be distributed are as follows –
- Construction workers of 60 years and above will be provided pension of Rs. 300 per month.
- The workers whose age is 80 and above will be provided monthly pension of Rs. 500.
- Widows of the workers and differently – abled will also be included under the scheme.
NOTE – There is no requirement of being registered with the Odisha Building & Other Construction Workers Welfare Board for 5 years, as was in PREVIOUS SCHEMES.
Chief Minister Odisha Speaks on this Scheme –
According to the chief minister, the state government is actively working towards the betterment of the society including the welfare of low income group and construction workers.
- The government has already increased the maternity assistance amount from Rs. 8000 to Rs. 10000.
- The state government also provides a medical assistance of up to Rs. 3.00 Lakh to the workers suffering from critical illness.