Mukhyamantri Krishi Sanjeevani Yojana – The state government of Maharashtra led by the Hon’ble Chief Minister Shri Devendra Fadnavis has launched a major amnesty scheme named “Maharashtra Mukhyamantri Krishi Sanjivani Yojana 2017” for the farmers of the state who are unable to pay the energy bill.
The Maharashtra Mukhyamantri Krishi Sanjivani Yojana 2017, was announced by the State Energy Minister Mr. Chandrashekhar for the farmers of the state for providing relief to the farmers who were unable to pay their farm pump electricity bills for some previous years. Under this scheme, the state government will provide benefits to about 41 lakh farmers. Under this scheme, the state government is considering for waiving the penalty and interest on the unpaid bills.
Maharashtra Electricity Broad Is Unable to purchase the electricity because the thousands of farmers of the state have not paid their electricity bill. By implementing this scheme, the Maharashtra government is planning to recover pending electricity bill of Rs. 19,272 crores.
Highlights of the Mukhyamantri Krishi Sanjeevani Yojana
- All the eligible farmers of the state can avail the benefits of the scheme by paying current electricity bill for trimester April-June 2017 before 5th November 2017
- Those farmers who will pay their pending electricity bill on time in five installments will be provided the benefits of the scheme as their penalty and interest will be waived off.
- Due dates for each of the file installments will be December 2017, March 2018, June 2018, September 2018 & December 2018 respectively
- In order to avail the benefits of the scheme, the farmers hav to pay their pending bill till March 2017 by December 2018
- Pay current bill for between April 2017 till 2017 before 5th November 2017
- The outstanding before April 2017 should be paid in installments as mentioned below:
- Total Pending Bill LESS than Rs. 30,000, No. of Installments: 5, Duration: Monthly
- Total Pending Bill MORE than Rs. 30,000, No. of Installments: 5, Duration: Monthly
How to apply for Mukhyamantri Krishi Sanjeevani Yojana 2017:
- First of all, the applicant has to pay current electricity bill for the month of April 2017 till June 2017 by 5th November 2017
- Applicant has to pay the pending bill in 5 monthly installments if the outstanding is less then Rs. 30,000 before December 2018
- Applicant has to pay the pending bill in 10 installments if the outstanding is more then Rs. 30,000 before December 2018
- The state government will then automatically waive off the interest and penalty
- Applicant has to visit the nearest Electricity Board offers for the bill payment
For more details, visit the official website of Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd: http://www.mahadiscom.in/