Maharashtra Swadhar Yojana – The Maharashtra Government has launched a new welfare scheme for the students of the state. The name of this scheme is “Swadhar Yojana”. The state government has started this scheme for the students of Scheduled Caste and Nav Bauddha, who have taken admission in 11th 12th and professional and non professional courses thereafter for the year 2018-19. Apart from this, those students who did not get admissions to government hostel facilities are also eligible for the same.
Maharashtra Swadhar Yojana
Under the Swadhar Yojana, the state government will provide Rs. 51,000 per year to the students for their studies during class 10, class 12, degree, diploma courses, other professional courses, for their lodging, boarding facilities and other expenses.
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of the state.
- The applicant must be a student and studying in class 10, class 12, degree, diploma courses, other professional courses.
- The annual income must not exceed Rs. 2.5 Lakh and they have to link their bank accounts with their Aadhaar numbers.
Note – In the case of professional course after class 10, the student should have already taken admission to the course. Apart from this, the duration of the course should not be less than 2 years.
- Besides this, the physically challenged students must have scored minimum 40% marks to qualify for the scheme.
- Only those students will be eligible for this scheme who is a resident of district headquarters or within 5 km radius of Nashik city.
Benefits of Maharashtra Swadhar Yojana
- Under Maharashtra Swadhar Yojana, all the eligible students will be provided Rs. 28,000 financial assistance for boarding facilities Rs 15,000 for lodging facilities and Rs 8,000 for their miscellaneous expenses.
- Apart from this, the state government will provide a financial assistance of Rs. 5,000 for the students of Medical and Engineering courses
- Besides this, the other branches’ students will be provided Rs. 2,000 additional per year as part of expenses for their books the social welfare department has conveyed.