Maharashtra Saur Krishi Vahini Yojana | Solar Panels For Electricity | सौर कृषि वाहिनी योजना
Saur Krishi Vahini Yojana – The State Government of Maharastra has come up with a new scheme for the farmers of the state named Saur Krishi Vahini Yojana. Under this scheme, the state the solar energy will be used to provide electricity to the farmers. The Hon’ble Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has proposed to install solar panels in various regions in the state to generate solar electricity.
Saur Krishi Vahini Yojana
Under this scheme, all the farmers’ community will get electricity supply in their homes. The Maharashtra Government had announced this scheme in the year 2017. However, this scheme is yet to be implemented by the state government. Apart from this, the state government has also sanctioned Rs. 3,700 Crores for the implementation of the scheme.
Objectives of Saur Krishi Vahini Yojana
The main motive of this scheme is to provide cheap electricity to the farmers who are not able to meet the cost of electricity. Through this scheme, the farmers will get electricity at a very low price so that the whole farming community can use electricity.
Features of Saur Krishi Vahini Yojana
- Under this scheme, the state government provides Solar Feeder to farmers and ensures that farmers receive a power supply of 12 hours, which can be used for farming.
- The Maharashtra Government has already completed the approval process for the installation of the solar panels.
- 500 MW installation.
- The state government will install the solar panels on the farmers’ land.
- For the implementation of the scheme, the farmers would lend their lands to the state government on rent for 15 years.
- Under this scheme, only poor and marginal farmers can avail the benefits of this scheme.
- A total number of 4000 farmers can get 20 MW electricity power through this scheme.
Benefits of Saur Krishi Vahini
- Continuous electricity supply at a cheaper rate where i.e. at between Rs. 1.2 and Rs. 3.
- The solar electricity will be completely eco-friendly and it will last longer, thereby farmers get electricity for long hours at a cheap price.