Maharashtra Kanya Van Samriddhi Yojana – The State Government of Maharashtra has come up with a new scheme for the farmers of the state. The name of this scheme is ‘Kanya Van Samriddhi Yojana’. Under this scheme, the state government will provide free saplings to the farmers’ families where girl children are born. These saplings will be provided to the farmers families for plantation.
Maharashtra Kanya Van Samriddhi Yojana – Objectives
The main motive of the state government behind launching the Kanya Van Samriddhi Yojana is to empower women and promoting tree plantation.
The Maharashtra Government had approved this scheme in the weekly cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis.
Maharashtra Kanya Van Samriddhi Yojana – How to Apply
Under this scheme, any farmer family in which a girl child is born between April 1 and March 31 can make apply. For the application, farmers will have to visit the with the gram panchayat after which they will get 10 saplings free of cost from the forest department.
After that, the farmer beneficiaries will have to plant the saplings between July 1 and 7.
Through the Kanya Van Samriddhi Yojana, it is expected that the income from these trees will be utilised for safeguarding the future of the girls.
Kanya Van Samruddhi Yojana Features
Here are some important features of the scheme –
- Under this scheme, the state government will provide free of cost plant saplings to all those families of farmers where a girl is born.
- Every farmer will get 10 free plant saplings.
- Farmers will have to plant the saplings between 1 July and 7 July.
- The farmer families will have to utilize all the income earned from these trees to safeguard the future of girls.
- Plants saplings will be of different varieties – teakwood, mango, jackfruit, black plum and tamarind.
- The benefits of this scheme can be availed for maximum 2 girls in a single family.