Punjabrao Deshmukh Scheme Hostel fee free to poor
In Maharastra a new scheme has been launched, Punjabrao Deshmukh Scheme to Provide Hostel Fee in Maharashtra, with purpose to encourage and support students for higher education. The scheme named as “Punjabrao Deshmukh Scheme” will provide hostel fee to the children of poor farmers and registered labourers
|Name of the scheme||Dr Panjabrao Deshmukh Hostel fee free allowance Scheme|
|Launched by||Devendra Fadnavis, Chief Minister|
|Supervised by||Maharashtra Education Department|
|Target beneficiaries||Financially backward students, pursuing higher education|
|Motive behind the Scheme||To provide support financially weaker students by paying their hostel fee|
Main objective of the Punjabrao Deshmukh Scheme
The main objective of the Punjabrao Deshmukh Scheme are to
- Encourage financially weaker students to pursue higher studies in Mahrashtra.
- State government will financially help the students by paying their hostel fee.
- Increase awareness of higher education among students from rural and agricultural background, especially those who are financially weaker state.
- To provide helping hand for those students struggling hard to meet their daily necessities in higher education
- To increase the count of weak students from agricultural background to pursue higher education and achieve great heights in their life
- Eligibility Criteria: (As per the GR Dated 07th Oct 2017, 22nd Feb 2018 , 01st March 2018, 18th June 2018, 11th July 2019 )
- a) Applicant should have Nationality of India.
- b) Candidate should be Domicile of Maharashtra State.
- c) Applicant should be ”Bonafide Student of Institute” and admitted for Professional and Technical course (Diploma / Graduation / Post Graduation Degree) as mentioned in GR
- d) Deemed University and Private university is not applicable
- e) Candidate should be admitted through Centralized Admission Process (CAP).
- f) Applicant should not avail any other scholarship/stipend.
- g) For current Academic Year, Only 2 child from family are allowed for benefit of scheme.
- h) The Total Annual Income of Family / Guardian should not be more than 8 Lakhs.
- i) Minimum 50 % attendance in previous semester (Exception for fresh admitted in College).
- j) During course duration, candidate should not have a gap of 2 or more than 2 years.
- K) Candidates are eligible those who have taken an admission under General category and SEBC Category
- Domicile Certificate
- New applicants need to submit HSC and SSC marksheet
- Income certificate of Parents.
- Previous year’s marksheet.
- Registered Labourers/aplabhudarak shetkari need to submit a proof letter approved from tahsildar /Income certificate of Parents.
- Aadhar card
- Student’s PAN card (optional)
- Father’s PAN card
- Mother’s PAN card (optional)
A candidate has to click on the link mahadbtmahait.gov.in to register and get access to the online application form