Odisha Government has launched Madhu Babu Pension Yojana. It is a state level pension scheme for widows, old age persons and handicapped of the state. Under this scheme, the Odisha Government will cover about 50 lakh people. This scheme has been launched on August 15, 2017.
Eligibility Criteria for Odisha Madhu Babu Pension Yojana
All the needy applicants who are willing to avail the benefits of the scheme will have to fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below –
- Applicant’s age of must be 60 years or above for old age beneficiaries.
- No age limits required for widows and physically disabled persons.
- Applicant’s annual income from all sources should not be exceeding Rs.24000
- Applicant must be the resident of Odisha.
- If applicants are getting benefits from other pension schemes implemented under the state government will not be eligible for the pension.
Madhu Babu Pension Scheme Amount
The main motto of Madhu Babu Pension Scheme is to develop the living condition of widows, disabled and senior citizens of the state. Under this scheme, the eligible beneficiaries of the scheme of between 60-79 years will be provided Rs. 300 per month by the state government will provide . Besides this, the applicants who have age of 80 years will be provided Rs. 500 per month.
Under this scheme, the beneficiaries of the scheme will be provided the pension amount directly into their registered bank account on 15th of every month.