Kusum Yojana – The Hon’ble Finance Minister of India Mr. Arun Jaitley has introduced a new scheme named Kusum Yojana. The Central Government has launched this scheme for saving of electric energy of farmers. Under this scheme, the farmers can utilize their land for solar energy equipment. Apart from this, the government will also provide subsidy on the establishment of PF solar power plants on their barren land.
The Central Government has announced the Energy Security Scheme for the upliftment of the farmer. Under this scheme, the farmers can set up PF solar power plants on their wast, lands. For this, the government will provide subsidy to the farmer. Kusum Yojana will make agriculture pump sets worth cementing energy by doubling the income of farmers by 2022.
The Central’s Kusum Yojana will help in solarization of the agricultural pump sets for doubling the farmer’s income by 2022. The government has also sanctioned Rs. 48,000 crore in the Union Budget 2018-19 for upcoming 5 years. This sanction has been made for the successful implementation of this scheme. Under this scheme, the government will bear the 60% of the total cost for the installation of solar power equipment. Besides this, the government will also provide a financial assistance of 60 thousand rupees under Kusum Yojana 2018.
Objectives of Kusum Yojana 2018
- The name of the scheme will be Kisan Energy Security/Kisan Urja Suraksha and Uthhan Mahabhaiyan (Kusum).
- Under the scheme, by 2022, three crore pumps in the country will be run by solar power instead of electricity or diesel.
- The total cost of Kusum Scheme will be Rs 1.40 lakh crores. In this, the central government will contribute Rs 48 thousand crores, while the same amount will be given by the state governments.
- Farmers will have to pay only 10 percent of the total cost, while about Rs 45,000 crore will be made from a bank loan.
- In the first phase, those pumps that are running from diesel will be included.
- Arrangement of such 17.5 lakh irrigation pumps will be arranged with solar energy.
- This will reduce the consumption of diesel.
Regarding the future direction of the energy sector, Shri Singh said that the Government’s commitment is that all 24 hours of clean and affordable electricity should be provided. It will be made mandatory and an act will be implemented in this regard soon. He said that the government is committed to providing clean and affordable electricity to all 24 hours and will be provided electricity to every house by April 2019. Under this, the emphasis is placed on this budget in this direction. Under the Kusum Plan 2018, additional income will be provided to the farmers. Under this, farmers will be given the option of selling them to an additional power grid after setting up solar power projects on their wasteland.
Note – The service under this scheme will be completely online as the Online application / registration for Kusum scheme will start soon