KUSUM Yojana – The Central Government has come up with a new scheme for the providing Solar Pump Set to the eligible people of the country. The name of the scheme is KUSUM Yojana. Under this scheme, the central government will provide 27.5 Lakh free Solar Pumps in the first phase across the country. This scheme will be started from July this year.
Under the KUSUM Yojana, in places where there is no power grid, 17.5 lakh solar pump sets will be provided. Besides this, in those places where there is a power grid, 10 lakh pump sets will be given.
India farmers had a lot of trouble for irrigation and due to rains, many farmers’ crops would have been damaged. But under the KUSUM Yojana, farmers can irrigate their fields by placing solar power equipment and pumps in their land. India is an agriculture great country that mostly cultivates.
Under the KUSUM Yojana, farmers can use their land solar energy equipment. For the installation of solar power equipment, 60% of the total cost of farmers will be given to the farmers by the Central Government on behalf of the Government of India. As you suppose, to spend your solar power, one lakh rupees is spent. You will be given financial aid of 60 thousand rupees on behalf of the central government.
Benefits of KUSUM Yojana
- Farmers will have to pay only 10% of the amount in advance to install solar energy equipment.
- The central government will provide subsidy directly to the farmers in their bank accounts and farmers will not face any difficulties.
- These solar pumps will be installed in the wasteland.
- The bank will provide 30% of the total expenditure in the form of bank loan to the farmers.
- The government will provide 60% of the total cost of the machine in the form of subsidy to the farmers.
Download My Government Schemes Mobile App and get daily updates of Narendra Modi Schemes & Government Jobs on Your Smartphone. Thank You!