Centre’s Kisan Kalyan Karyashala – Doubling Farmers Income by 2022
The Cent Government is going to start “Kisan Kalyan Karyashala” for farmers on block level on 02 May 2018. During this programme, all the farmers from each block will meet to the agriculture officers scientists and progressive farmers. In this programme, the farmers will learn how can they improve agriculture sector and how to ensure food stock and agricultural product. In order to increase the farmers income, the government will implement multi-dimensional 7 point strategy.
What is Kisan Kalyan Karyashala
However, the main objective of Kisan Kalyan Karyashala is to make agriculture policy income for farmers. The government will also provide adequate budgetary support to reform the agriculture system. Under Kisan Kalyan Karyashala, the farmers will get new opprotunities to use new technology and they will also learn how can they increse their income by using new technology. The government will spread awarness about the central government schemes which are specially launched for them. This is an initiative step of Central Government to achieve the target of “Doubling Farmers income by 2022”.
Kisan Kalyan Karyashala – Multi Dimensional Seven point Strategy for Farmers
The government will identify the important areas of the agriculture and government will provide more investment reform the agriculture system. The government will increase the double the farmers income by creating awarnes about horticulture and animal husbandry and fisheries.
Here is the Multi Dimensional Seven point Strategy for Farmers:-
- Provide high quality seeds and nutrients according to the soil requirement.
- Give speciall focus to provide end to end solution to the improve the agriculture and ensure “More Crop per Drop”.
- Develop warehouses and cold chains to prevent Post-harvest losses with a large investment.
- Implement National Agricultural Markets and e-platforms (e-NAM) to remove the problems of all 585 centers.
- Govt. will also provide low cost insurance scheme to the farmers crop.
- Besides, the government will also promote Dairy-Animal Husbandry, Poultry, Bee-keeping, Horticulture, and Fisheries activities to increase the farmers income.
The Central Govt. will give speciall focus on GRAM (Gramin Retail Agriculture Market) for agricultural marketing and what are the importance of GRAM. Finally, the goernme will work to doubling farmers income, increasing production, ensuring profitable returns and risk management.
List of Central Goverment Schemes for Farmers
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY)
- Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY) and organic farming mission
- National Food Security Mission
- Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture (MIDH)
- National Mission on Oilseeds and Oil Palm
- Rashtriya Gokul Mission
- National Livestock Mission
- Blue Revolution to boost productivity
- Soil Health Card to reduce farming cost
- Use of neem-coated urea & more crop per drop
- e-NAM, cold storage & storage facility at concessional interest rate
- Post-harvest credit facility and increase in base MSP to improve income