Kerala Housing Scheme Latest Update- Project Life
Kerala Government has announced a new welfare and ambitious mission in kerla state. – Named as Kerala Life . Here Life Stands for “Livelihood, Inclusion, Financial Empowerment,” an ambitious mission of the state government of Kerala has been announced.
Mission Of Kerala Life –
The LIFE mission aim is to provide homes to 2 Lakh homeless families in the state within next 5 years through a comprehensive housing scheme. Details of This comprehensive housing scheme will be launched very soon.
The project was announced on a big day by the Chief Minister of Kerala two days after the CPM-led government completed 100 days in power with measured successful results.
Here it is important to note that this mission includes a lots of opportunity with it such as the mission is not just to provide homes to the homeless but also to provide the occupants with opportunities to integrate with the mainstream by bringing in social security schemes.The government, under the Project LIFE would construct homes by keeping in mind the sensitivity of acquiring land the scarcity in the state.
Far now two phases has been uncovered-
Under the first phase of the mission,
- Kerala government would provide homes to 600 families in the first year on pilot basis.
- The government would build housing complexes with all residential facilities such as skill training centers, common study rooms for students, meeting hall, creche, gymnasiums and palliative care units to take care of the elderly.
- Kerla government would also ensure facilities such as power supply & backup, water supply, sanitation facilities, cooking fuel and other amenities are being taken care of in the complexes.
Under Second Phase –
- Each complex build under the Project LIFE housing scheme would offer flats to about 100 families.
- Under the housing scheme, priority would be given to families run by women, single women, households which have ill or old people, girl students below 15 years of age, and victims of riots, natural calamities and domestic violence.
Priority Selected For Life- Project – Priority would be given to families run by
- single women,
- households which have ill or old people
- girl students below 15 years of age
- victims of riots, natural calamities and domestic violence.
Stay Connected For Further Updates.