Kerala Vayomithram Scheme – केरल केरलवयोमीथ्रम योजना
Vayomithram Scheme : The state government of Kerala has come up with a new scheme named Vayomithram Scheme. This scheme is specially introduced for Old Age People of the state. In this scheme, the government will provide health care support to the old age people who live in the Corporation/Municipal Areas in Kerala state. The benefit of this scheme will be given to those old age people whose age is above 65 years.
What is Vayomithram Scheme
Vayomithram Scheme is a health care support scheme which is specially launched for old age people of Kerala state. Under this scheme, the government will provide health care & support along with other facilities like – free medicines through mobile clinics, Palliative care, and Helpdesk services for old age people.
Details of Vayomithram Scheme
- This scheme is implement in first two districts Kollam and Trivandrum Corporation. After that in the financial years of 2011-12 it was extended in 12 more districts. The government has also started two new scheme in the inancial year of 2013-14.
- Till now the government has implemented 25 schemes in the state. Recently, the government has also decided to start 9 more schemes in Marad (Ernakulam), Manjeri, Kottakkal (Malappuram), Vadakara (Calicut), and Chalakkudy (Thrissur) municipality’s area in Kerala.
- Under this scheme, the government is providing several facilities to the old age people such as Mobile clinic service, Palliative care service, Help Desk services etc.
- The government of Kerala has launched this scheme with an objective to provide free health care to the old age people in the state.
Services Provided under the Scheme
- Mobile clinic service
In this scheme, the government will provide free of cost medicines which will be delivered through the mobile clinics in the ward basis area. Each mobile unit comprises of Medical Officer, Staff Nurse and Junior Public Health Nurse ( JPHN)
- Palliative care service
In this scheme, the government will also provide palliative care for the bed-ridden patients. There will be trained nurses and JPHN’s to take care of patients.
- Help Desk
For the better implementation of the scheme, there is also a help desk service availabe for old age people in the area. The old age people can take the benefit of help desk facility to get help of the VA omit ram offices in Kerala.
- The government will also organised special medical camps in each projected area.
- Besides, the government is also provide some other facilities for in old age home entertainment programs like Sallapam, Snehayathra
- The NGO’s and Institutions will also conduct sponsorship program in the project area.
- The special day programs will also conduct in the area.
- The VA omit ram co-ordinators will provide counseling service with the help of octors from mobile clinics.
- The beneficiary must be a native of Kerala state
- Only those old age people are eligible for this scheme whose age is above 65 years.
For more detials contact – Executive Director, Kerala Social Security Mission, Poojappura, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695012
Phone- 0471-2341200, 2346016 (Fax)